The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Transmission ID

I checked the transmission code thread and it comes close, but I would like to know if
anyone can give me a 100% positive ID on this transmission that was sold to me.
The assembly number is W5M332NNVR. It is an all wheel drive transmission.

One mitsubishi dealer says eclipse, another says galant, and someone else told me talon. The bell housing looks like a 6g72.

Anyone want to take a stab at it? This was sold to me as a 3000gt transmission and.. it is not.
Here is a pic of the transmission:

Thanks in advance for any help guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

donniekak

Yes, it's a non turbo awd 3000gt transmission. In other markets all 3000's were awd. Only the turbo models got the getrag. The nt models have a manual or auto mitsu trans, with the same basic internals as the dsm transmissions. Just a different bellhousing for the 6g72.

gtluke

crazy. i can't believe they wasted money developing their own trans AND paying getrag to build one.

donniekak

The getrag units are TANKS. The guy who runs 8's has bone stock gears in his transmission. Here is a comparison of our third gear and a 3000gt third.
pic002-1.jpg

Yea, I knew it wasn't even close to my getrag. The case, bell, transfer case, flywheel are all much smaller.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts