The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Tranny grind..

conquesttsi

Some people do inspect and reuse the TOB, Most reccomendations I have seen are to just replace. Personally, I usually replace every inexpensive part I take off as a habit just to prevent future problems.

Quoting conquesttsi:
Some people do inspect and reuse the TOB, Most reccomendations I have seen are to just replace. Personally, I usually replace every inexpensive part I take off as a habit just to prevent future problems.

I agree with you BTW they should have replaced it.. But its one of those things were they said you did not supply it so we reused the old one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif.. I can see thier point but if you are a repair shop you know those always have to be replaced... IMO anyway.

iLLeffeKt vr-4

Time to find another shop or learn to do it yourself. Do you hear any chattering noises in neutral? Does the noise go away when you press the clutch pedal? If there's no noise at all most likely the TOB is ok even though its old/used.

spoulson

Quote:

I agree with you BTW they should have replaced it.. But its one of those things were they said you did not supply it so we reused the old one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif.. I can see thier point but if you are a repair shop you know those always have to be replaced... IMO anyway.

This is a missed opportunity for the shop that backfired on you. They should have opted to have you buy a new bearing because 1) you're better off and 2) they make a little profit. They should've at least called you to see if you were interested.

Yes there is chatter in neutral and it does go away when I press the clutch in..

You will need to adjust your linkage much more than one turn. Try and go at least 8 or 9 at let us know what it does. You should stop driving your car until you fix this, its very hard on your syncro's, hubs, and the gears.

Linkage? You mean the master or the actual cables? How do I adjust those??
The master cylinder's rod is almost all the way out.I'm not driving it a lot just once a week and second doesnt grind if a SSSSLLLLLLLLOOOOOWWWWWWW shift it..

Last edited by a moderator:

The master cylinder rod is attached to your clutch pedal. Just get a flashlight and crawl under your dash and look at the clutch pedal and where it hooks to. Follow the linkage and you will see a clevis pin, with a clevis and a threaded rod that threads into the clevis. Loosen up the jam nut and start to screw the rod out(extend it)more than one turn,(8 or 9) and hit me back, that should be a huge help. Your pedal should engage roughly half way up, not right off of the floor. That right there is telling me that its not disengauging all the way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maybe start with like 4 or 5 turns 8 or 9 might be to many. When your pedal engauges halfway up you got it.

OK I did adjust that but like I said only 1 turn.. I will try 5-6 more tonight and see how it is.. Squeazing myself under the dash and behind the gas pedal is FUN.. LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

No sorry man had some turbo issues on Saturday. I stupidly broke the oil feed line from the head doing a turbo swap.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif but I have a SS line to run form the OFH just waiting for N fittings from extreme PSI.. I should have everything ironed out next Saturday.. Thanx for asking. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts