The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Trailer hitch?

Chicago1

Do they make one for our vehicles? I did a search and came up with one post of a Dalan 217326 p/n and a how to but can't find that part. It will be used to tow a small trailer. I thought about buying a little truck but the ones I see have less torque/hp then #86 so it would be a waste. Let me know if you guys have any info. Had a friend that towed his boat with a 1g awd for years and no issues so I figured a few hundred pounds behind her should be no issue. thanks

Edit: I went to Uhaul and if anyone is in AZ we could get a free one? Figured after 20 years someone would of brought one to them??
If U-Haul doesn't have a hitch for your vehicle, nobody does!

Your vehicle requires a custom-built hitch which we will gladly fabricate for you. If you are able to bring your vehicle to our Tempe, AZ Research & Development facility we'll provide you with a free U-Haul custom trailer hitch, including free installation, and a lifetime unlimited warranty in exchange for the use of your vehicle to fabricate the trailer hitch. We'll need the vehicle for two to three days. If you are interested in this offer please complete the form below and we'll contact you to schedule your appointment. This offer is only valid until one customer per vehicle can fulfill our requirements.

Need a trailer hitch, but can't come to Tempe, AZ for a fabrication?

Please complete the form below, we'll contact you with trailer hitch options for your vehicle.

Last edited:

4thStroke

This came up not too long ago, I can't recall if anyone ended up dropping their car off, though. It doesn't sound like it.

Maybe I should put my tow hitch up for auction since they seem to be in demand /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

click

Last edited:

PreskitVR4

I am super tempted, I thought about it a few months ago, last time this came up. now that 501 is finally a spare, and not D.D. Duty anymore I would volunteer her, I would love to have a hitch anyway for less than an hour drive.

Chicago1

Did this die like most things? Surely SOMEONE in AZ can lend their car for the day I'll even pay for your gas to get there, cmon step up already!!!! I started a post just yesterday.

click

Chicago1

What's the hold up? Ill even pay for half the gas to get there. We need these made and it's free for you. I would start calling and get the details. Please

Chicago1

Quoting 4thStroke:
This came up not too long ago, I can't recall if anyone ended up dropping their car off, though. It doesn't sound like it.

Maybe I should put my tow hitch up for auction since they seem to be in demand /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

click

How much if you sell it for?

4thStroke

I'm not sure I want to sell it. A buddy of mine has already dibs'd it, but that was a while back. I need to talk to him and see if he still wants it. I don't even know what its worth.

Chicago1

Quoting PreskitVR4:
I am super tempted, I thought about it a few months ago, last time this came up. now that 501 is finally a spare, and not D.D. Duty anymore I would volunteer her, I would love to have a hitch anyway for less than an hour drive.

You going to take the car over?

JamesFoster

Funny this thread came up, I'm about to build my own hitch for my car this weekend.

PreskitVR4

Yes yes, must tow now and cant go yet, gotta kill two birds with one stone... Tune and hitch, car almost ready for tune /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

EMX5636

Quoting JamesFoster:
Funny this thread came up, I'm about to build my own hitch for my car this weekend.

James, if you do, we demand pics/specs etc!! I'm looking to find an off the shelf sedan hitch that I can modify rather than build it all outright. I'm sure the cross piece with the receiver should fit off of something. Then just make frame brackets.

IncorpoRatedX

guis, i did this already /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

click

alansupra94

I am probably going to pick up random used one locally and see if I can make it fit. I will post dimensions if that helps anyone.

IncorpoRatedX

Quoting 4thStroke:
That still doesn't help the rest of the community.

how does it not? Look at the images, stock tow points, two pieces of angle iron, one piece of 2 inch square tubing and any hitch receiver from the local parts store, measure, cut, weld, viola...

4thStroke

Because anyone who is capable of making a hitch can figure out what it consists of (you know, a person who has any experience fabricating a part knows how to measure, cut, and weld). You can't find the mounting points looking at your one picture, but you can find out the points by doing it yourself.

Last edited:

EMX5636

That thread is good Alpha, but yea, it's sorta hard to get an idea of dimensions with the hitch pic from above. I guess I'll just have to pull my tow hooks and mock something up. The cross bar and hitch part itself is easy.

Do the tow hooks mount back up? I need them for strapping the car to the dyno.

IncorpoRatedX

Quoting 4thStroke:
Because anyone who is capable of making a hitch can figure out what it consists of (you know, a person who has any experience fabricating a part knows how to measure, cut, and weld). You can't find the mounting points looking at your one picture, but you can find out the points by doing it yourself.

the mounting points are factory and come on the car, you're in fact using the stock tow hooks to build a hitch off of it... Any idiot with a welder could build this, all I did was show how simple it is.

EMX5636, the tow hooks do mount right back up and if you do it right, you'll still be able to use them just fine.

EMX5636

Ah, I guess I misunderstood the post. You used the bolt on tow hooks for the ends of the hitch, some angle and square stock to connect them. I guess I thought you made the ends, and was hoping you got measurements or something. Then in that case, thanks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts