The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Torque Solution Billet Shifter cable and Drive shaft bushing kits - Get them

click

My comments on them:

I just installed mine. I replaced the factory tired ones, and OMFG they are awesome.

Things that it made 10000% better for me.

Decel Noise
General Driveshaft noise while driving
Engine Knock (I have AEM Log files if anyone is interested.)

Overall the car is sooooooooo much nicer to drive. Every single person that owns an almost 20 year old car should do these. My car is now much quieter inside the cab. This was a night and day difference, and at first I was like it will more than likley do nothing but hell they look cool. I was so suprised with the results.

Get them. You will love them.

alansupra94

Interesting, I was in the market for new bushing for my driveshaft (stockers are pretty much shot to sh*t).

I don't think I need the shifter bushings as mine are solid bearings inside of there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BoostedAWD91

Just put mine in the driveshaft a few days ago. Can't wait to drive it to see the difference

shifter bushings

Driveshaft support bushings

Don't forget to enter discount code GVR4ORG to get an additional 5% off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I have the shifter bushings installed & man what a difference. Sometime this week, I'll install the driveshaft support bushings too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks for the info guys. I just ordered mine from tunersnation.com can't wait to get them.

DR1665

Quoting christo:
tunersnation

Good to know. Garfield seems to have everything.

/added to list

G

Staff member
The shifter bushings are really not a good idea in case you miss a shift. Your better off with something that has a little give just in case. Like these:
73694509.jpg

Quoting G:
The shifter bushings are really not a good idea in case you miss a shift. Your better off with something that has a little give just in case. Like these: http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/2356/73694509.jpg[/im

Can we vote on lamest post of the month? I nominate this one above for recommending a product but not supplying a name and a link to said product.

Last edited by a moderator:

curtis

belize1334

Quoting BoostedAWD91:
Just put mine in the driveshaft a few days ago. Can't wait to drive it to see the difference

An comment on these?

boostedinaz

Quoting G:
The shifter bushings are really not a good idea in case you miss a shift. Your better off with something that has a little give just in case. Like these: click

I'm assuming these are some super awesome JDM or Denso made bushing that is 2-3 times the price of the alternative for no real reason.

If not then please post up some more info.

JackbNimble

Just bought the shifter and driveshaft bushings off tunersnation. When I replaced my transmission the other day I noticed that the driveshaft bushings were practically falling apart and the shifter bushings were dryrotted like hell. Figured it'd be a good investment. I'll let you guys know how they turn out.

4thStroke

Quoting boostedinaz:
Quoting G:
The shifter bushings are really not a good idea in case you miss a shift. Your better off with something that has a little give just in case. Like these: click

I'm assuming these are some super awesome JDM or Denso made bushing that is 2-3 times the price of the alternative for no real reason.

If not then please post up some more info.

Much like how the shifter bushings are munch more expensive than the roller blade bearings?

You can get those for free from some skate shops.

I agree with G on this one, I've heard it other places, too, and when I replaced my shifter cables, I left the ends alone.

I really don't see a need to replace them unless they are rotted (like many, I'm sure), but even so, with how temperamental and fragile these these boxes can be, a little give may not be such a bad idea.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts