The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

TopLine vs. Fel-Pro Front Case/Oil Pump gaskets

desant78

Hello gvr4.org

For the first time I am re-installing a front case after I complete the balance shaft elimnation. Which is recommended to use for the oil pump, front case, and OFH gaskets?

I have a complete gasket kit for a 6 bolt from topline that will have these gaskets, but being so important I am not sure if I should trust the topline kit.

I found a kit from extreme psi click me made by Fel-Pro, is this a better option?

Or will niether work, and I should be looking for OEM gaskets.

thanks in advance!

SmoothCustomer

OEM gaskets should certainly be your top choice. I'm sure TopLine will work fine though. The front case will suck really bad if it leaks. As long as it's not catastrophic an OFH leak won't be a big deal.

desant78

So no love for even fel pro?

524of1000

I have a topline and as of now, no leaks.

Vr4junkie

I have used Felpro before on other cars that were what ever DD but never on a vr4 how much of a difference in price range is it between Felpro and OEM if its not much then I would go OEM

dmj

When in doubt use Oem. I learned the hard way .I used the cheap gaskets that came with my rebuilt engine only to have oil leaks a few weeks later. the rear main seal housing and ofh gaskets hardened and cracked into pieces causing major oil leaks.

Vr4junkie

Yup what he said I learned the hard way the cheap parts are not always cheap cause you end up doing it over again with the parts you should of bought but wanted to save a few bucks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif but its your car but if it were me I would go OEM but I sure as hell won't buy it from the dealer I would Get it online don't get me wrong I used fel pro gaskets on other vehicles I had but they were Nissans and Hondas beater cars and work great but I wouldn't use them on a VR4.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts