The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Took #801 on an Epic 5k mile road trip last week.

Drew84

I went on Vacation last week and drove the Galant from where I live in Mass, to Imports of Carlise in PA. Then I drove with my buddy and his Conquest down to the TN, NC and enjoyed US RT129. Other wise know as the Tail of The Dragon. I then split off from him and drove all the way to Austin Tx. I then turned around two days later and drove all the way back. Car ran perfectly, the only thing I had to do was ad a qt of oil ever 1k miles which is pretty normal. Except I usually do it every month or two not every day. I haven't finished editing my pics from Carlise yet but I have a couple from my gopro and I bought some off the Photographers that camp out on the Dragon.

Galant at the Dragon by PASCARPHOTO, Raced In Anger, on Flickr

Galant at US RT 129 by PASCARPHOTO, Raced In Anger, on Flickr

GOPR3646.JPG by PASCARPHOTO, Raced In Anger, on Flickr

IMG_20130527_133701.JPG by PASCARPHOTO, Raced In Anger, on Flickr

GOPR5841.JPG by PASCARPHOTO, Raced In Anger, on Flickr

GOPR4788.JPG by PASCARPHOTO, Raced In Anger, on Flickr

GOPR4307.JPG by PASCARPHOTO, Raced In Anger, on Flickr

Last edited:

transparentdsm

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gifvery cool. the car looks great, i hope mine runs that nice when i drive to california with it.

Drew84

I added more pics, I hit post the first time before I was finished adding pics.

The only problem we had was the alternator died in the Conquest, we had to pull it on the side of the road and have it rebuilt in Bryson City, NC. We lost about 4-5 hrs of our day on the Dragon. But some how it came out of the car perfectly and went back in perfectly and was in good enough condition to be rebuilt. The Car gods we're kind to us that day.

matt92vr4

Awesome! Love to see the Galant on the Dragon. We are planning to head up in September but I'm afraid the Galant will stay home.

thecman02

Nice pics. The Tail of the Dragon and that whole area has some fun/beautiful roads. Good to see a Galant getting driven.

Last edited:

strokin4dr

I love that drive. Maybe one day I'll get to do it in the vr4.

GSX_TC

Nice! I was actually planning on hitting up the tail of the dragon with mine coming back from the Shootout this year. How much do they charge to take pics of your car there, and do they charge you to drive on the tail of the dragon?

Drew84

No charge to drive the road, it's a public road. The photos were about $7 each for just digital downloads.

GSX_TC

Nice, I hope I can go see that on the way back home. There's fellow VR4 enthusiast out there that said I could crash at his place nearby if i did end up going. I really want shots of my car on that.

Drew84

GSX_TC

Wow those really are great pics, good job man!

se7enine

Great looking cars, that VR-4 really stands out with those rims /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting Drew84:
Thanks guys, here are some pictures from the Imports of Carlisle show.

Carlisle Photos

Digging the old Volvos, including Irv Gordon's 1800 (the million miler).

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts