The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

To keep or ditch?

Epifool

I bought a good looking donor car for 1848, and it still has all wheel steering, as well as 5interior lug swap. I have a non- aws rear on my car, so i need opinions- keep aws or ditch it? All inputs are welcome!

LIV4PSI

I wouldn't mess with it. It's a novelty IMO

KiNgMaRtY

Don't remove it and leave it on there if its functional. If you were thinking of swapping it over then I don't think it would be worth to do it as so many hate it.

I personally like it since mine is fully functioning.

prove_it

what's a 5interior lug swap... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wizardawd

I'd ditch it if you are gonna be swapping stuff over anyways. It WILL fail eventually and good luck finding parts. Then you end up having to block it off or removing it to keep from dumping fluid all over the place. Plus, it makes the car a tad light and cleaner /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Wiz

Epifool

Ok then.. another couple questions- my clutch disc is bad, should i buy a whole new clutch, or will the p.p. and bearings be reisable? And the donor car has jdm corners, should i splice them to my car, or no? Oh yeah, the jdm corners seem to be a little too big for thier openings in the fenders. Pretty tight in fact

4Grim

I personally would buy a whole new clutch setup (Disc and PP). I would also inspect the flywheel..and maybe get it resurfaced.

Depending if the TOB has low miles...I would go ahead and replace it with a OEM Mitsubishi throw out bearing while you are in there especially if you never replaced it before.

JDM corners will fit...I have them on mine and have no fitment issues.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts