The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

To Auto or not to Auto (GVR4). That is the question...

bazeng

Nelson has given me some good advice.

Auto is not for everybody, I might hold onto the dog box, try the auto conversion and if i decide i do not like it go back to manual. If I do like it, sell the dog box. Dog boxes are always in demand anyway.

Why do we have so many choices in life..... difficult ones also...

JamesFoster

I didn't read the whole thread, but if it's not street driven, if it's a drag only car, just do auto. If you'll ever drive it anywhere but the dragstrip, keep it manual. There's absolutely no reason at all to keep it manual if it's a drag only car...
My .02 cents, and the reason my car is and will remain a 5 speed. But if it was just a drag car it'd be auto.

Last edited:

JamesFoster

Oh, and I'll buy your dog box... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Olson

Not before i get to it

brisvr4

Good choice Barry!
You staying manual gives me more of a chance at having the fastest VR4 in Australia with my auto setup and stock block until you see the light /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JamesFoster

Quoting Olson:
Not before i get to it

I'll arm wrestle you for it

Olson

Better get off that bike and hit the gym girl

diambo4life

I would definitely do a few test hits with the dogbox but do realize that the car will always be more consistent and quicker with the slushbox. I have entertained the thought of auto-swapping my junk. I'm clueless about autos, but, Abel Racing is in my backyard and that's all they do. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned