The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Tire air pressure?

Quoting fuel:
Quoting galant1517:
Pil-lock

Noun: A stupid person

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif somehow I don't think that would have been in his vocabulary already :p There you go Mike - you've learnt something new today. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Just trying to help! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

GSX_TC

wow i never knew that. interesting.

fuel

You didn't know that English originated from outside of America? Who knew, right??

GSX_TC

yeah i know, thats crazy, well thanks for schooling me on that.

Quoting fuel:
DoubleFacePalm.jpg

You just don't get it do you? Your whole country may spell it like that way.. but the rest of the English speaking world spells it the correct and original way. We didn't decide to 'change it up like that' - that's how it's been spelt from the very beginning of the English language. I place emphasis on English because the language comes from England - which last time I checked, is not America. However which way America has decided to spell things happened long after the conception of the English language.. in England.

This is getting beyond retarded. Next time have a think about your comments before you post them.

Maybe move this ^^^ to the info archives?

turbowop

Wow. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

It all makes sense now.

To anybody on the forum outside of the USA...We apologize for Mike's apparent lack of common sense. We're not all like that.

Barnes

This thread delivers. Thanks fuel.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/roflpuke.gif

Last edited:

Quoting fuel:
You didn't know that English originated from outside of America? Who knew, right??

Haha.

Quote:
In the medieval period, much borrowing from Latin occurred through ecclesiastical usage established by Saint Augustine of Canterbury in the 6th century, or indirectly after the Norman Conquest through the Anglo-Norman language. From the 16th to the 18th centuries, English writers cobbled together huge numbers of new words from Latin and Greek words. These were dubbed "inkhorn terms", as if they had spilled from a pot of ink. Many of these words were used once by the author and then forgotten, but some which proved useful survived, such as imbibe and extrapolate. Many of the most common polysyllabic English words are of Latin origin, through the medium of Old French.

click

click

As for tire psi, I run 32-34 front and rear. Tires are 225 / 35 maybe 45 I can't recall at the moment / 17".

fuel

my point is the language came from Britain long before it was used in the US.

speedyd718

Tire or Tyre

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
The Oxford English Dictionary suggests that the word derives from "attire",[1] while other sources suggest a connection with the verb "to tie".[2] From the 15th to the 17th centuries the spellings tire and tyre were used without distinction;[1] but by 1700 tyre had become obsolete and tire remained as the settled spelling.[1] In the UK, the spelling tyre was revived in the 19th century for pneumatic tires, though many continued to use tire for the iron variety. The Times newspaper in Britain was still using tire as late as 1905.[3] The 1911 edition of the Encyclopædia Britannica states that "[t]he spelling 'tyre' is not now accepted by the best English authorities, and is unrecognized in the US",[2] while Fowler's Modern English Usage of 1926 says that "there is nothing to be said for 'tyre', which is etymologically wrong, as well as needlessly divergent from our own [sc. British] older &amp; the present American usage".[1] However, over the course of the 20th century tyre became established as the standard British spelling.

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

MIKE WON!

speedyd718

Quoting gramkrakr89:
What tire/tyre pressures do y'all run?

uh oh cinci-tucky style, with a side a chili, lol. (i'm a uc grad).

Last edited:

GSX_TC

Lmao

gramkrakr89

Quoting speedyd718:
Quoting gramkrakr89:
What tire/tyre pressures do y'all run?

uh oh cinci-tucky style, with a side a chili, lol. (i'm a uc grad).

what class? major? (I'm a uc undergrad, heh)

fuel

I prefer brushed aluminium :p

gvr4ever

In the winter I run stock tire pressure (what is in the door jam). I think it's 32 front and 29 back. In the summer, I add two psi to each tire. Unless I cross the pond, then I add air to my tyres, my sub is in my boot, I check my oil level under the bonnet.

If you ever go auto-crossing, you will probably want to start with +4psi.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts