The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Timing cover markings

AuSpecVr4

Hey guys

Ive been having a ticking noise from the front of the motor happening that just started so I've taken my vr4 off the road. I've taken the timing cover off and found a little trace of oil around the bottom of the engine where the oil pump is, the balance shafts have been removed. Its not huge there is just little traces of it in places and in the bottom of the timing cover. Also on the cam gears a little but dried up and on the edge of the belt. Is this enough to be worrying? I don't want to pull the engine out it's still in the car.

The other concern is my crank pully is rubbing on my timing cover and almost worn through it, was a brand new one when it went on, the ticking noise i would assume was the bolt behind the pully holding the cover on. The ticking raised when the engine was revved. Now that the Pully is off I started it and no noise? The bold has rub marks on it so I'm sure it's that and not my crank or cams, the motor is a 2.4 only about 10,000kms old with all forged and race bearings. Any help on what I should be checking would be well appreciated, how can I fix that rubing on my timing case?

Cheers, Brock

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts