The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Time For A Colorado Meet?

toybreaker

iconoclast
Does anybody need any help with parts/wrenching to make the meet?

I'll be down earlier and if anybody needs anything, we can probably get some stuff knocked out.

Going to be some saavvy folks there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Diego

You know I do, maybe bring that air thing you were telling me about.

Galantvr4559

Well 559 is down for a little while. It cant make it to the meet but I can if its chill? I will be with my women and maybe a friend. My new head is getting rebuilt as we speek and I just got new oil pump and front case.

Diego

Can you meet me at my place today Bryan? I just got the new slave rod today and would need an extra hand while messing around.

Quoting Galantvr4559:
Well 559 is down for a little while. It cant make it to the meet but I can if its chill? I will be with my women and maybe a friend. My new head is getting rebuilt as we speek and I just got new oil pump and front case.

Bryan, you can absolutely show up. You don't have to have a running Galant to B/S and eat food with other Galant nerds.

Okayplayer

I finally found my boost leak. I gotta change the compressor housing. Anybody got a stock j pipe? Think I found one on cl, but if someone local has one, I wil throw some bucks your way.

dlesser

Well I now have my EVO back on the road so I have to pick which car to bring. Since this is a GVR4 meet I should probably bring the GVR4 :) Feels weird since the GVR4 is basically stock and is awaiting a full paint job. I guess its not too bad /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'll be a little late say around 5. But ill be there if anyone needs me to grab more food or something let me know. Also there will be a group of dsmers going to.bandi on wed for test.and tune if anyone is interested.

Diego

Quoting dlesser:
Well I now have my EVO back on the road so I have to pick which car to bring. Since this is a GVR4 meet I should probably bring the GVR4 :) Feels weird since the GVR4 is basically stock and is awaiting a full paint job. I guess its not too bad /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dont worry my DS fender is still primer....

Okayplayer

Plus I think 1968 will win the "ugly betty/ I'm still stock award". But I will be there.

Diego

Should I print awards? LoL... it's not like any of us care if your stock or modded or have unmatched tires.... you drive a galant... its okay, we understand.

GeorgeBillings

I had a great time. It's always nice to put faces with screen names. I thought I had taken more pics but I guess I didn't.

Here's a few.

DSC_0264.jpg

DSC_0262.jpg

DSC_0280.jpg

DSC_0273.jpg

DSC_0260.jpg

DSC_0270.jpg

GeorgeBillings

DSC_0263.jpg

DSC_0286.jpg

DSC_0290.jpg

biglady112

For those who did not go, we pretty much had to fix everyone's crap today. Was a good day for thrashing I guess. A turbo swap, a wheel almost fell off on a test drive, a brake line ruptured while on a "test drive", another car had all kinds of things done to it and so on. We certainly got some sh*t done today.

Okayplayer

That was a great meet! It's nice to meet up with some cool folks who love their cars. Thanks to everyone for the help swapping the turbos in and out of my car. It ran great!... for all of 2 miles /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif I think we have a lead on why it eats turbo, probably a kinked oil feed line. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif Anyways, we should do this more often. And a BIG shout out to Justin for coordinating and hosting the shin-dig /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

biglady112

That feed line looked good to me. It at the new turbo? That sucks. Maybe its clogged.

Last edited:

toybreaker

iconoclast
Was the drain line from the shelled turbo re-used?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts