The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Time For A Colorado Meet?

Quoting makedollarz:
How long am I a "junior member" for? When do I get a cool title like Diego? Not a big deal, just wondering how that works.

try saying something stupid or making an ass of yourself. It worked for me. The mods can change it at will. They don't, however, let you choose what you get. You gotta earn it.

Oh yeah, IIRC you become a "member" at 250 posts. The standard titles are all based on post count.

Last edited by a moderator:

Okayplayer

Okay, so the 21st is sounding like the consensus to me. Any ideas on venues? I still think the idea Justin had with meeting at his house would be dope, then those that want to could cruise on down to park meadows for the happenings down there. What's up? Let not let this thing die...

Diego

Been in since the beginning.

Let's make this happen, do we want to put a list up and what you would like to toss into the cook out..

Justin what do you need ti get this rolling.

I'll need RSVP's by like the 17th or so. Tell me that you're coming (of course), whether or not you're bringing anyone else, if you are, how many, etc.

I don't want my address posted on the internet, so you all can call or text me, (720) 427-1196, and I can give it to you that way. If you text me, or if I miss your call, please leave a message that includes your user name and your real name. I know that sounds alot like common sense, but someone is bound to F it up.

Lastly, if we do a pot luck style event, we'll inevitably end up with 46 bags of chips and zero hot dog buns. Let me handle the eats, and y'all can toss me a few bucks if you'd like. However, if there is a dish that you just have to share with the group, just let me know you're bringing it, and that'll be fine also.

Okayplayer

That sounds like a plan to me. I'm in. So who else is in?

Galantvr4559

Im in I will have +1 maybe +2 people coming with me. My galant is down for the count. Lost oil pressure today. I got towed back to my house. Hopeing to have it fixed by the 21st.

That sounds bad. Do you have an aftermarket oil pressure gauge? And is it mechanical? If so it probably has a break in the feed line. Good luck.

Diego

I can't get this Damn bolt into my tranny. Bout to blow my gasket on it!!! If this bolt makes me miss this meet I will burn it to the ground!

Galantvr4559

Yeah its mechanical autometer full sweep. I was driving it today and all of a sudden I looked at my gauge and it was at 20 psi and then dropped to 0. My oil light came on and everything. Its wierd. It has done something similar before. But I only saw oil light at idke without the gauge. I put the gauge in and it did it for a day or 2 and then stopped.

toybreaker

iconoclast
Brian, the symptoms you are describing with your oil pressure fluctuating can be caused by a pressure relief piston hanging in the bore.

Do you know the history of the oil filter adapter?

Has it been "modded" around the oil pressure relief port?

Before tearing things down, it'd be worth pulling the filter adapter and checking the pressure relief valve piston and it's bore for a burr/debris and/or a broken/weak spring or some such.

I've seen a modded one create this exact same scenerio, and the poor guy had it hang on a brandy new build, and it cost him all the rod bearings as well as the crank. (again! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif )

If you end up needing another filter housing and can chase it down in the Denver area, I got a stocker you can have.

... it might be that simple ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Last edited:

Diego

Your a great guy John /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Galantvr4559

U really are one hell of a guy jon. I will pull ofh off tomorrow and check the relief valve and letu know what I find. No I dont know history of ofh.

Well Bryan if your light came on too I'd suspect something other than a broken supply line to the gauge. I actually fixed a Talon that had a "brandy new" engine where the builder never blocked the balance shaft oil supply after doing a BSE. That car put over 200 miles on it before we heard anything and the light never came on.

GeorgeBillings

When's the meet?

Sunday the 21st. The start time hasnt been set yet but that probably will be 2-ish.

Diego

Plan on me coming for sure... hopefully I get this problem situated.

Galantvr4559

Justin,

Wouldnt that mean that I would be leaking oil fron the bse area where there should be plug. I just had front main seal and that balance shaft seal. im gonna try pulling ofh to check relief valve first. 3073999803 call me so I can pick ur brain on the subject.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts