The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Thoughts on Zone ARX rims?

fuel

Hey guys, came across a set of fairly beat up 90s period Zone ARX 15x7" rims in 4x114.3mm +16mm fitment. Just thought they would be good to have as a spare set for track days etc. I'm a little bit worried that the offset is going to be too agressive, especially when I'm running at near standard ride height and camber. Currently it has slightly lower springs all round but have a 1-2" guard gap all round. Camber currently is about -0.5 up front and -2.0 at the rear. I'm not so much worried about the rears as they will fill up and tuck in nicely, however the fronts will probably stick out a little bit.

They look like this

198100869_full.jpg

but I plan on sand blasting them back, fixing up the gutter rash and spraying a metallic silver to look like so

picture026hk1.jpg

it's a pity they ones I've found don't come with the center caps or the extra clip on discs.

Your thoughts?

H05TYL

link

They'll poke out 15mm more than my RS-Evolutions did, so will be okay, with a little negative camber on the front they'll be perfect.

makedollarz

I'd like to see how those look on a galant, can't say I'm a fan just yet, defiantly a different looking appearance for a wheel.

littleb

They'd look really sweet if you found the center caps and outer rings. I think those kind of make those wheels. Almost looks unfinished without them. Still pretty sweet and retro nonetheless

DR1665

I think those are pretty fresh. They look a lot like old Ronals. Given the boxy shape of the car, I'd say they'd make a nice match, if the fit was good.

omertaitalia

i agree with lilb, i bought some beat up work equips(discontinued in 2001) once they were 19's and super aggressive had to get em sand blasted and powder coated ended up not clearing my bbk haha, but they came with center caps, without center caps and the outer ring the look will never be complete

RedTwo

If my maths is right they should fit just....
16x8 +30 just kisses the sidewalls on the front guards, with minimal camber. These wheels are 25mm narrower but sit 17mm further out, which makes them sit out... ummm 4.5mm further?

fuel

ahh well disregard the idea, the wheels ended up being sold to someone else.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned