The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Thoughts on Dorman control arms?

ducttapeguy

My control arms are basically shot due to rust. Im looking on rockauto for replacements and I would like a complete set sent at the same time. I was going to go for the Raybestos but they dont have the front left in stock. The other options are about 60.00 for the Dorman control arm or 190 for the AC Delco arm. Is there much of a quality difference between the two? I imagine there would be because of the 130 dollar price difference per arm, but how different could they be? They are both replacement control arms. Comments, concerns, bitches, gripes, complaints?

Tyler

ercp98

i have them on my car. no issues so far. just can not remember if i ordered them with ball joints installed.
i think i even got them on ebay as a set.

prove_it

Pretty sure these come with ball joints installed only. The ball joints are cheap though. I just replaced the ball joints on mine after about 20k of DD. The arms themselves are holding up awesome. No rust, broken welds, or other damage. I do recommend these, but keep in mind the BJ's will wear quicker than OEM.

Not sure why, but I replaced my BJs with OEM joints for the rear. When I installed them there was a little play when pressing them in. I had take an impact hammer to reform the holes to fit the joints tighter. Not sure if it was the arms or the rear BJs being installed in the front.

vr4play

I have them on my daily and the only problem I had was with the ball joint boots rotting out within a few months. I used energy suspension boots and all is good.

Drew84

Same here, I've got a set of dormans on my Talon and Galant. Ball joint boots have dry rotted a bit. But otherwise everything is tight.

prove_it

Mine may have met their demise from rallying it too....
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

BpuVR4

i just had mine put on a few weeks ago. I'll revisit this thread again in a couple months.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts