The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

The ongoing wheel hunt. Lancer OZ wheels?

EfiniX

I drove by a Lancer OZ edition yesterday and it dawned on me that the 4-lug wheels on those cars look an awful lot like they are 15" and would fit the VR4.

anyone ever done this or looked into it? A cursory search would seem to indicate the OZ rally Lancer uses a 114x4 pattern (the stock ES uses 100x4), which I'm pretty sure is what the VR4 uses.

Seems like a pretty good budget option for a guy like me who needs to pour money into bodywork and paint before legit fancy wheels are a part of the discussion.

92_talon_awd

I know the OZ wheels are the right pattern, my buddy had a pair he wanted me to put on my car when I first got it. Didn't do it though so I'm not sure about the centers and how they fit.

GSTwithPSI

These look good:
100_galant1.jpg

IncorpoRatedX

^ that's 5 lug.

Oz lancer wheels fit. But they look the same on a galant as they do on thie lancer: set in too far. Grab a set of 10mm spacers if you get the wheels.

Boostdtalon

I know I've seen a few members in the past that had them on there cars. Definitely agree with Josh about needing some spacers.

raptorWagon

There are two types of "OZ" Lancer wheels
The 4 lug variant of the ones pictured above (Those 5 lug versions are OZ edition 99 Eclipse wheels), and the Evo 3/02-03 OZ Lancer wheels
mitsubishi_lancer_evo_3_e847_-022_1.jpg

Truth be told they are actually all Enkei wheels with O.Z. stickers slapped on them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif.

Last edited by a moderator:

MX4

From memory Lancer Evo 2 & 3 come with that style OZ wheel in 15". It is also possible to find them in 16" as an aftermarket wheel.

Furbasher

These came on my Galant when I bought it. Spray painted gold too for horsepower.

I'm pretty sure this car was headed to the junkyard before I picked it up.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned