The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

The Canadian with too many builds

89Patches

I couldn't resist. No matter how many times I told my self I don't need it, but I just had to have it!!

So I like to present to you random people of the internet the newest edition of my collection.

A 91 JDM Evolution Vr4 YO!!!

Not really sure what to do with it at this point, I had plans of a part out but once I seen the condition underneath I was amazed to find no rust at all. Then I started to feel guilty of cutting this car up for parts (Puts my USDM Vr4 to shame really /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif) even the 4ws system was in amazing shape.
Its has no Motor/tran/tcase etc, the exterior is just missing the projector fogs and needs a good detail job to make it shine again. I am really at a loss what to do with her /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif Only has 126,000KM (78,000 miles)

Kinda of thinking of returning my USDM back to stock Even re-installing the 4WS system!! And build the Jdm as first planed with 19/2000....

So Basically here is the list of mods currently completed on #19/2000

- 5 Lug swap
- ARP extended studs
- 17x8.5 +30mm RPF1's
- ABS delete
- Outlander "Bigger brakes"
- Techna fit SS lines
- Whiteline F&R Strut bars
- Whiteline 22mm&26mm sway bars
- Whitline caster bushings
- Meagan Racing coilovers w/ Cusco camber plates
- Moog ball joints, end links, tie rods etc..
- Active toe elimanator
- Ingalls adjustable control arms
- New wheel bearings all around with powder coated knuckles, trailing arms & hubs
- Rebuilt 1G steering rack
- DSM 4 Bolt LSD

Other than a Cm turbo back exhaust and more boost she's stock /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Here's Some Pic's

I just thought I would introduce my cars to you guys/gals as I haven't done it yet!! So like I said before I am not sure in the direction I will be heading with both cars just thought I'd share them with you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif And quite possibly this could turn in to a build thread!!

Oh and finally some pic's of my brothers Evo III that we built!! (I know you'll like /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif) So this show's I am not a hack and know my sh*t....

1208928_626055250748304_1280531605_n.jpg

If you have any questions about the Evo just ask /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jesus_Negros

Nice cars.

With the jdm model just throw in a slightly modified 4g63 in there with the rest of the drivetrain. Hold onto it for a year or two and sell it. It'll be available for the US market by then and you'll probably make my money back.

snailspool

Very pretty. How does that EVO run? Any track times?

89Mirageman

A black Evo III, one of my favorite cars out there. The Galants are sweet too!

89Patches

Thanks guys!! I would try to multi quote but I am unsure how to /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

As for the outlander brake swap it's pretty straight forward. Just get outlander brackets (#MR307282 same for both sides) and rotors and they just bolt up!! #19 does clean up well in pictures but she has plenty of stone chips and door dings and some rot on the rockers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

And I have thought about throwing in a drive train and waiting a few years and sell it to someone down south, But having a place to store it is a problem and I never really bought it with the intention of flipping it just wanted some JDM goodness for #19 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif but how rust free it is really caught me off guard..

And finally for my bro's III it hasn't been dyno'ed yet or takin down the 1/4 mile, It was finished being put together in August (2 Days piror to S.O) and we battled injector problems for 2 month after that. We replaced them with some 1000cc ID's drove for about a month probably making around 500 to 550whp on 94 pump with 25psi. Then was taken of the road because he ran non DOT approve tires also the FP billet center section took a sh*t on him. Now this winter it has a new fuel system, tubed front end and full wire tuck. Oh and she only ways 2500lbs without driver /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

coyotes

Quoting 89Mirageman:
A black Evo III, one of my favorite cars out there. The Galants are sweet too!

Yes, I would take that Evo in a heartbeat

89Patches

Haha! When we were at the Shootout my brother let some guy sit in it because he kept begging to and later said it completed his life /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

92_talon_awd

Quoting GSTwithPSI:
#19 looks great. I love RPF1s. How about some more details on the Outlander brake swap?

Outlander brakes, sweet economical upgrade. click

89Patches

Evo calipers? If your referring to the brakes in my picture they were Stoptechs. Got rid of them because to much money for new rotors (Close to $1k)and about a 3 week wait for replacement parts, Also I wanted the freedom of being able to run 16" rims /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I now run the Outlander brakes with my current setup!

coyotes

Damn those are some pricey rotors, I am wanting to do evo brakes on my car eventually.

89Patches

Evo brakes were the plan for me as well. Was even going to do the rear with the 3kGT trailing arm swap and run Evo 4 front knuckles but decided against it because I already have a small fortune tied up in my current knuckles/trailing arms.

But I really want a set of R32 factory GTR rims colour matched to belize green for my DD rims and keep the RPF1's for the track!! Hence why I want to be able to run a 16" rim /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts