The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

the build of 806/1000

Gombos

haha I love that wheel. I saw it in another car and have wanted to pick one up ever since. Picked up a sparktech basic COP last minute.

Gombos

I haven't updated this in a while but over the last few months I've made some small changes to the car to make parts of it more reliable and to clean up some wiring in preparation for the shoutout.

Wednesday night before the shoutout I finally finished everything up and took her for a short spin. Everything checked out ok so I parked her for the night and got everything else ready and loaded the car up for the shoutout on Thursday. We unloaded the car early Friday at the super8 and drive it to Buschurs to check out the dunk day and car show. I think most of the cars get cleaner and more well built every year!

After Buschurs, we got back to the super8 and I got the car ready for test and tune that night. Got the slicks on, filled it with E85, etc. loaded it back on the trailer and headed to the track. I parked with PRL motorsports with their GTR and my buddy Joe and his EVO X who they just built a motor for. I clicked off a couple slow passes on low boost just to get a feel for the car trapping a best of 135mph with no successful launches and some horrible ETs. Joe, who was also new to this power level, had a best MPH of 137.

Saturday was much of the same until my last qualifying pass. I finally got a decent 60' and clicked off a 10.26 @ 141mph. I was pumped, but that was the last pass of the night.

Sunday morning I got to the track later than I wanted but was still able to make the first time trial round. As soon as I felt the launch I knew of was a good pass. Picked up my slip and couldn't believe it...9.82 @ 143mph!!

That was my best pass of the weekend as I popped off a vacuum line and the car fell on its face in the first round of eliminations. But all in all it was a great weekend and the car came home with no broken parts!

I want to thank all of my friends who helped me out with the car but especially Joe for letting me use his garage at all hours of the night to finish the car, and to Dan (Garage_Defeat) for all of his help with parts and advice to get the car to this level!

thruarod

I watched your car all weekend. Very impressive!

G

Staff member
Looks nice man.

Gombos

Thanks guys. The car was built with mostly used parts and off the shelf stuff from summit. M&H slicks, JIC coil overs, Steel rod bottom end, I ported the head myself and the machine work was done by Luke at P&R engine rebuilders, 7.25 v-drive/gear driven quarter master, FP4R cams, +1mm engnbldr valves, kiggly springs/HLA regulator, JMF race intake with a dual rail setup, ETS 1g FMIC, I made the aluminum bellmouth intake pipe/aluminum intercooler pipe/aluminum full exhaust, bulfab crossmember, magnafuel 4303 pump, a summit plastic fuel cell, and an AEM EMS tuned by me.

Gombos

Thanks!

Here are some pictures of the intake pipe I made:

LIV4PSI

What injectors?

I've been wondering what happened on that elimination pass. I can't believe it was just a vacuum line

Gombos

That's the only thing I found wrong besides me sucking at launching the car haha. 850cc primaries, 1200cc secondaries

Gombos

I haven't been racing due to only having a stock trans and a single disc clutch in the car (broke 4th gear in half and still need to get that fixed), but I did make it out to a dyno day at a local shop yesterday. I wasn't going to put 806 on orginally, but a few guys talked me into it. I knew it felt OK on pump gas but didn't expect much over 500.

The first pull I looked over and it made 582whp. I was pretty happy with that but the timing was pretty conservative. I put 2* into it up top and that netted me 608whp/407wtq. I added another degree on the third pull but the single disc started to slip a bit and it ended up with 599 on that pull.

Overall it made a good bit more than I expected and I'm pretty happy with the results.

Last edited:

transparentdsm

DAMN !!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif that is awesome.

side note, i want your intake pipe. that thing is rad.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts