The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

the build of 806/1000

Gombos

Finally got some big pieces in. The bottom end is finished, JMF race intake has arrived, new OEM oil pump installed, new water pump are installed, FF oil filter housing installed (waiting on new bolts OEM hardware), and I got rid of the need for a return line gasket on the pan by welding on a -12 fitting. Michael from ETS said my FMIC will ship out no later than wednesday and my head will be finished this week.

Not much will get finished this week due to me being out of town, but I plan on putting the motor in the following weekend and trying to finish all the little things to get it fired up.

GSX_TC

Motor looks great man, 40 more days to get it all together. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gombos

haha yeah it shouldn't be a problem. if all goes well it will be in the car in 2 weeks. I just have to hope I have no big issues to iron out.

Gombos

Got my head back from the machine shop today and started assembling everything. I have a few small things to finish, I have to degree the cams etc., but I should be able to get the motor back into the car this weekend...hopefully.

GSX_TC

30 more days!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gombos

Actually a couple less since i'm heading out that wednesday...still have lots to do.

Gombos

Made some big progress this weekend. Motor is in, the turbo is on there temporarily for mock up, and I got the cold side IC piping all tacked together. The transmission is out because i'm waiting for the pressure plate for my twin disc. time is getting low but i'm getting close. It's gonna be tight to get it done for the shootout but hopefully it will go smoothly.

Motor in!

Building the IC pipe

Got the TiAL on

strokin4dr

Looking good. Keep the pics coming.

Gombos

Thanks and will do. With any luck i'll fire it up next weekend.

GSX_TC

Woo hoo! Looking good, we got the same mani, you gonna leave it as it or coat it or wrap it?

Gombos

Is yours a full race manifold? This one is supposed to be but I think it's an old school unit, pretty heavy duty. I changed the waste gate location to get more room up front though.

It is going to be wrapped. It's just in there with a few nuts right now so I can get everything mocked up.

GSX_TC

Mine doesn't say full race on it anywhere, who knows. I don't like it though, it puts the turbo and wastegate in a tight spot. I can't wait till I get my top mount setup.

Gombos

Been pretty busy the last couple of weeks with all the small stuff on the car but finally fired it up last night!! Needs some tuning time but all seems good so far. the car sounds strong and had zero leaks. I'll get a video up as soon as I can.

Gombos

Still needs some stuff cleaned up but this is it all together.

Gombos

Haven't updated this in a while, but i've been busy over the past year. Not a whole lot of changes for 806, but there has been a lot of cleaning, painting, etc.

I had an extra 1g rear subframe and all of the arms to go with it. I got those and my front subframe sandblasted and painted everything with rust seal (just like POR15 or Chassis Saver). I also clean and painted the 4-bolt rear end I picked up and most of the underside of the car. I also picked up the 3sx rear upper control arms, jay racing active toe eliminators, and the bull-fab rear subframe bushings and front 3-piece cross member.

Also got a few things powder coated. Intake manifold, FP intake pipe, and all of my intercooler pipe I got done in wrinkle black. I got my wheels done in gloss black. I also painted my valve cover...just rattle canned for now, to see if I like it.

Gombos

I also picked up an FP3794. She should pull pretty good.

Here are the bushings and active toe eliminators

I also put in all poly bushings everywhere else.

Gombos

my most recent projects have been painting my JDM bumpers and building aluminum exhaust.

Just straight aluminum pipe sounds terrible. it was extremely raspy so I added an aluminum vibrant muffler. Sounds awesome now!

Starting to finally get the hang of aluminum TIG welding.

Gombos

I also picked up and OMP steering wheel and have a coil-on-plug coming.

She's just about ready for the shootout.

Gombos

Thanks man. Just trying to chip away until the car is where I want it to be.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts