The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Thanks, and goodbye!

deez

Today I sold my beloved VR4, to KingMarty here on the board. It was a tough decision, but Martin was a good fit for the car, knowing he would take care of it and not hack it, as I have seen so many turn into roaches due to that. I would like to express my gratitude to everyone here who, over the last 7 years, offered exceptional help and support. Those who are the most helpful know who you are. This is a great forum, with tremendous knowledge and experience which can diagnose most issues and offer priceless support.

One aspect that did bother me over the years was the frequent snide comments from fellow members. Comments that were sarcastic, rude, and unnecessary seemed abundant in threads from "for sale" when someone disagreed with a price, to simple newbie questions that to a newbie, are legit, but were answered with sarcasm. One thing we all need to remember is that we ALL were once newbies, ignorant and asking many questions. And we are all here because of our love, obsession, sickness, or whatever you call it for these magnificent cars. Being rude, disrespectful, sarcastic, etc. is counter productive to the common good, and is losing sight of the big picture. And that is we are all here to HELP each other.
I am also part of another board for my 1960 Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite, and on that board, its nothing but helpful persons. Never is there negativity. Maybe its due to the more mature age group of Healey owners vs. the high school and college age of many VR4 owners. Whatever the issue is, help each other, and leave the negativity in your mind, not on the board.

Again, thank you to everyone for the years of help, deals on parts, for the NorCal meets, and for the years of fun. It was a great ride!

Edd Hamilton

4thStroke

I know you car had been for sale for a long time, so it's nice to see someone buy it.

My buddy gets back from the middle east in 3 months and sent me a link of your car, saying that he wanted to go for a road trip and drive it home.

toybreaker

iconoclast
Vio Con Dios /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

... you'll be back ...

we'll even leave the light on for ya, since you're going to be driving a car that leaks 'lectricity, you may need it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Last edited:

curtis

Ok Hamilton its like this you can't leave and if you don't show your face well all come over to the bugeye board and harass your ass on a daily basis /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Take care man.

Tre3zy

^ lol....

deez

First, I won't be back. The car was great, but I need a DD that I never have to work on. The Healey is my project car and something to tinker with, I don't need my DD to be similiar. I am thinking of replacing it with a Mazdaspeed3. With 263hp, and add in the K&N intake for 25hp at the rear wheel increase, and perhaps the ETS intercooler upgrade, that should put me close to 300hp. It will just be strange to have front wheel drive, never had that before.
And don't worry Curtis, I'll pop in on occasion and give my two cents /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4thStroke

Replacing with a Mazdaspeed3?

You're ok in my book.

I'd love to get another one some day, they are an absolute blast to drive.

steve

Quoting deez:
I am thinking of replacing it with a Mazdaspeed3. With 263hp, and add in the K&N intake for 25hp at the rear wheel increase

Trying really hard not to make the sarcastic comments you complained about in the first post. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

deez

When you are 37 years old and need a reliable car to drive your 7 year old son to school, having a little torque steer becomes meaningless when considering its a car I don't have to work on. Priorities. I'm not 21 anymore. I don't want to work on an 18 year old import. At my point in life, its wasted time. Time I could spend with my son. As for Mustangs....sorry, but I have always viewed them as a poor mans trashy musclecar. I grew up with a 1969 Chevelle, so the Mustang was the enemy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Quoting deez:
When you are 37 years old and need a reliable car to drive your 7 year old son to school.

If that's the case then I would look closer at the Mazdaspeed 6! Same engine with AWD and more interior room.

Good luck with whatever you decide to purchase.

Last edited by a moderator:

steve

Quoting cherrod8:
All I have to say is I'm naming my first born daughteer Chevelle lol.

OMG that's one of my favorite numbers!

Quoting deez:
When you are 37 years old and need a reliable car to drive your 7 year old son to school, having a little torque steer becomes meaningless when considering its a car I don't have to work on. Priorities. I'm not 21 anymore. I don't want to work on an 18 year old import. At my point in life, its wasted time. Time I could spend with my son.

You sir, are my hero. one day i will get over my addiction... one day... cheers deez!

deez

Wow Geno, I just read your list of cars. Seek help /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif And good luck!

KiNgMaRtY

After a 1,100 mile roadtrip in one day /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif, the car came home with me. Thank you and thank you for keeping her in great shape. She is in good hands. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sr71sss

Its a harder job for the new owner to keep up what the PO did with the car, most of the times you see a slow decline but I'm sure its in good hands and will be enjoyed for what it is, maybe someday the prices will adjust to what these car are really worth but alas they are nowhere near what they are worth these days /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

EDD: I know what you mean sometimes enuff is enuff and we need a break and life pulls you in different ways sometime for the better and times for ??

I had my kids when I was 30 also and I know when that happened to me it absolutely changed everything about who I was- now it wasnt about me it was about what my kids need from me, funny thing is I got into a vr4 because I needed a "family" 4 door sedan because I was sporting a 1991 nissan sentra se-r that was a fully stripped out racecar brought back onto the streets- no neat no a/c didnt make sense anymore for my 2 week old, I was afarid one morning that I would be freezing my newborn at the time to the point of an ice cube!!, so that what brought me to a vr4 for awhile but my first one wasnt the best as all things that did or could go wrong DID! Stalling on the first test drive(oh thats ok I can fix that), abs coming on and off(oh thats ok I can fix that too), alternator light coming on and off-well you know the story, I can fix that too, its was fun fixing thing at an early age of 15 but not when your relying on a car with a baby in tow, you'd think I would sold that POS but I loved anyhow and worked out all those bugs and did enjoy it for a few more years before selling her off for a Mitsubishi cargo van! Boy was I a gluton for punisinhment, that thing was worse than the galant as the motor is located under your ASS!

anyways gl with the bugeye as it will be a fun ride, 1200lb=fun fun fun!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nothing like free kids labor HAHA

Quoting steveGLS:
Quoting deez:
I am thinking of replacing it with a Mazdaspeed3. With 263hp, and add in the K&N intake for 25hp at the rear wheel increase

Trying really hard not to make the sarcastic comments you complained about in the first post. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

LOLOLOL

DR1665

Sorry I didn't get to know you better. The screen name certainly stands out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Best of luck to you on the new project, sir. Go fast with class.

deez

Quoting crankwalk:
Quoting steveGLS:
Quoting deez:

LOLOLOL

Hey, according to the website, that is their claim click
And thats apparently on a dyno. I thought that number was high too, but the stock intake on that car is pretty crappy and restrictive. Whatever it is, its an increase that is appreciable along with the ETS top mount IC. I am looking more into the Mazdaspeed 6, I want AWD, but its just an ugly car.

deez

Quoting KiNgMaRtY:
After a 1,100 mile roadtrip in one day /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif, the car came home with me. Thank you and thank you for keeping her in great shape. She is in good hands. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Great to hear you made the trip safe and sound! Take good care of her, and again if you have any questions, email me.

Quoting deez:
Quoting crankwalk:
Quoting steveGLS:
Quoting deez:

LOLOLOL

Hey, according to the website, that is their claim click
And thats apparently on a dyno. I thought that number was high too, but the stock intake on that car is pretty crappy and restrictive. Whatever it is, its an increase that is appreciable along with the ETS top mount IC. I am looking more into the Mazdaspeed 6, I want AWD, but its just an ugly car.

You still aren't getting it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts