The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Thanking Jeff (Keydiver)

Matt W

I'm sure this could apply to many members on this board, but I just feel the need to get this started. Jeff works himself to death for us. He has brought such valuabled information to the board, and yet he doesn't make nearly enough money for what he does. He's burned so many chips for us for free--that alone should make this small potatoes.

Maybe this is uncalled for or out of place. He didn't ask for this, but I'm gonna go ahead and start it.

I'd like to see at least 100 donations.

I'm not asking for a lot, just $5, or whatever. Something for Jeff to take his wife out, or buy themselves something, or have a nice weekend. The last thing we want is Jeff to get burned out. The donations will add up, and just be a way to say thanks. I'm starting it, and hopefully this will go somewhere.

His paypal is [email protected]

Thanks,

Matt

p.s. if this needs to be moved to Good Guys, feel free to move it.

mistaVR4

+1 your an awsome guy Jeff, thanks for everything and I hope to meet you someday /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Terry Posten

Consider it done. My chip is in the mail. He deserves it.

BTW - DON'T move this. Add it to all the forms.

Last edited:

1uGlyGalaNt

stand-up board member. everyone should strive to be as nice, generous and considerate.

14bCrazy

Your the best Jeff. Do something fun with the cash.

gvr4ever

Jeff, you should take some time off. You must enjoy making the chips, or you would have never done it. Don't get burnt out on it tho. Stop and take a break. Your work is amazing and I don't have your chip installed yet, but I hope to tune with only your chip and a AFPR. Something that was never possible before. Your chips overcome the weakness in our ECUs.

Thanks for your work.

William

atsiauto

Jeff recently completed the puzzle on about 90% of my sorry ass tuning issues, He is a problem solver and pays mind to alot of peoples needs such as myself . He called me a couple weeks ago , explained a flurry of things to me in a way that I could grasp and sent me one of his latest chips which got my car in tune .Many thanks to Jeff!

I was wondering how to get in touch with jeff, so i can buy one of those chips.

thanks
David Simpson

Oh Jeez, I was wondering who started this!? I guess I should read "Anything Goes" a little more often!
Thats enough now, money is the least of my problems, and I don't want to feel even more indebted to my customers. Pool your money, and buy a bunch of EPROM burners, so we can setup regional GVR-4 EPROM burning sites, if you really want to help! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

1uGlyGalaNt

i've been looking into getting an eprom burner for a while. any suggestions or links you can pm me?

i have an interest in starting up where others left off. i want to disect the assembly code that makes up our chips and others. this is something i REALLY want to get into. finding new ways to better and improve existing programs. that cyclone actuating was just OVER THE TOP!!!!

who knows, maybe one day i'll be close to the same class as keydiver is for dsm's and Ash is for nissans?

Just about any burner is fine, as long as it does 27C256 EPROM's. I bought the Batronix programmer from Germany. Parallel or USB ones are best, as you don't want to spend 10 minutes just dumping the new code from the PC to the burner (like I used to).

1uGlyGalaNt

any links to good eprom burners would be nice, especially good, cheap ones on ebay. USB connection would be optimal, but i can settle for parallel.

i am DEFINATELY interested in getting into this stuff, but i don't want to waste money getting the wrong tool for the job.

are there any good write-ups on dsmchips or vfaq on how to properly decifer the assembly code? im sure this is a deep hole im about to get myself into.

Last edited by a moderator:

I have one of the Willem/Willem clones off of ebay, it works great and zips into my spare palm case for storage and transport. That said, if you're wanting to get into it I would recommend a nice burner.

I've been planning to throw together a jumpstart/howto guide to chip'ing our ECU's covering both by-hand and via-EvilScribe and detailing the use of a couple of different burners. I think this would lower the (knowledge) barrier of entry a bit. But adding features to EvilScribe (a ton of work to be done there) and working on #1185 has priority at the moment. If a guide is something you would like to see, shoot me a PM and let me know, a good response may prompt re-organization of my priorities.

got my chip from jeff today...i was going to start my own thank you thread, but saw this one. your a pimp jeff, keep up the good work.

Dustin

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts