The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

temp gauge problem

turbophein

ok so now that i have the eculink and can log values on my cpu, i noticed i wasn't getting a temp reading (-74), so i started messing with the wires off the thermostat housing and disconnected the electric auto meter gauge wire and it started to read on the temp on the logger, then i connected the wire back and it stopped reading on the logger once again. so do i need some type of resister or something inline, i don't understand why they both can't receive the same reading or signal, is my autometer temp gauge drawing that much?

anyone have a wiring diagram for the thermostat housing sensors?

keep in mind i bought my galant with the gauge installed already.

thanks

Last edited:

BoostedAWD91

jiggle the ECU harness wires and see if that fixes the problem. Im having the same problem with the VPC installed, the extra harness makes it hard to mount the ECU in the stock location cause the extra harness for the VPC is pretty tight and its screwing up my temp sensor signal. It will read -74 as it would with no signal and i just have to jiggle the wires and it goes back to normal. im gonna have to figure out a different to mount the ECU

ktmrider

The temp gauge is running in parallel with the ECU temp sensor. This either changes the measured resistance of that circuit or puts it to ground and causes the ECU to read -74 ( IIRC that is the lowest the ECU map will go ).
It would also cause the car to run pretty rich and not wanna start too well when cold.
Not sure how to resolve it, maybe someone with a similar gauge will chime in.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts