The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Switching VR4 number badges

147/1000

I now own 2 vr4s 885/1000 and 147/1000. I have owned 147 for about 10 years now. It was my first car in high school and I have a lot of memories and sentimental value towards it. I was young and dumb back then, always racing it and blew it up a few times. I had it torn apart with plans to rebuild it but I got in alot of trouble with the law(not with the car) and had to sell all my parts to pay lawyers and the court system. It is currently torn apart and for sale because I will more than likely never have the time and money to rebuild it like it want. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

885 is a running and driving car with a nice mod list. But it really does not have any sentimental value to me.

I considered switching the dash plaque from 147 over to 885 because they are not VIN specific.

Just wanted to get some of your thoughts on this.

edit: Just noticed that this is post count # 666. Maybe I shouldn't do it after all /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Last edited:

mikus

I'm for it, they're your cars, do whatever the heck you want with them. It would be a courtesy to document it here (Iceman), so us obscure old fuds can keep our records.

Side: for the rest of your life, you'll look back at any period and say "I was young and dumb back then" Hells bells, I was younger and dumber last night than this AM

boostx

Just switch the dash plaque and let Iceman know.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
So what you are really saying is you are sentimentally attached to the badge, not the car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Jesus_Negros

Swap everything from the good car to the shitty one you love. Then you'll have your badge and car.

dammitjim

Put 147 on the good car but keep the 885 plaque and put it back when you sell.

JCorbo25

Why not just have a new keychain plaque made for 147 and hang it from your rear view, to remind you of all the memories.

GVR47111K

Get a new badge made with #666, Hail Satan! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

transparentdsm

Quoting JCorbo25:
Why not just have a new keychain plaque made for 147 and hang it from your rear view, to remind you of all the memories.

i like this idea the most. keeps the sentiment in my eyes..

147/1000

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Im not really into hanging stuff from my mirror but I may have a 147 key fob made just to have.
I think I'm just going to switch the badges and document it with iceman.

Jesus_Negros

Ummm...we've been emailing eachoher about me buying 147 lol got them pics yet?

147/1000

No not yet, I drive to work in the dark and drive home in the dark seven days a week and when i do have any free time I Have so many other things to catch up on. I never have time to do anything! Barely have time to catch a few zzzzs at night. I haven't forgot and I will get them as soon as I can.

ktmrider

Quoting 147/1000:
I considered switching the dash plaque from 147 over to 885 because they are not VIN specific.

Just wanted to get some of your thoughts on this.

I'm gonna bump this thread up and re-ask for opinions.

Reason, been looking at Spam's UNK shell quite hard. A few things have come up recently that may keep me from pursuing it however I've always wanted a non-sunroof model due to my circus freak size.

464/1000 has been thru alot. Outside of the two accidents she appears to have been some type of rally vehicle way back when. Body and paint have seen better days. She does have AC, R134a conversion, and working cruise. AC is a pretty rare item anymore, cruise not far off. And I've smacked my head into the roof panel three times now and due to the D2 coilovers will probably continue.

So does the badge make the car? Like mentioned since the VIN's were not keyed to badge does moving those items to another vehicle take away the soul?

Last edited:

JNR

Nobody will know or care, unless it's on this so-called "registry", although that doesn't mean anything other than a collection of information on this site.

I like the number I have, but given a chance, there are a couple others I would consider changing over to, but I have my badge, orig. keyfob and two replicas, so wouldn't do it unless it also came with those.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts