The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Sway bar bushings - what/where?

EfiniX

For the moment, I'm just looking at doing the front sway bar bushings as I know them to be shot. I figure new endlinks aren't a bad idea either.

Are the bushings in the front the same as other 1g AWD's, or are they VR4-specific?

Any recommendations?

VR6Eater

Whitelinesuspensionparts.com or PM bobdole.

The 1G and GVR4 should be the same.

Wizardawd

The 1g bushings/sway bar is 21mm. The GVR4 front bar is 22mm. I used the 1g bushings from energy suspension and they fit with a bit of cussing.

Wiz

idreamidrive

Don't get the white line universal 22mm bushing as it will not fit. I just found this out.

These should fit click

Or you could order some from jnztuning.

KiNgMaRtY

Quoting Wizardawd:
The 1g bushings/sway bar is 21mm. The GVR4 front bar is 22mm. I used the 1g bushings from energy suspension and they fit with a bit of cussing.

Wiz

This is also what I did before I purchased a Whiteline front bar.

VR6Eater

I called JNZ for a set of 22mm whiteline bushings and they said Whiteline isn't making them anymore. Whiteline said the same thing. I bought a set of the universal 22mm and sanded and ground on them and and by the time i made them fit they were to thin. If anyone finds a line on th e22mm whiteline ones let me know. Mine are worn out bad. Or i might have to change front sway bars I guess?

idreamidrive

See my post above. From what I gather with the old posts and part numbers, white line never made front sway bar bushings and outsourced it to the above company.

Drew84

Quoting idreamidrive:
Don't get the white line universal 22mm bushing as it will not fit. I just found this out.

These should fit click

Or you could order some from jnztuning.

Thanks for the info on these, I bought stock ones from JNZ because I couldn't find poly ones. Now I can get some poly ones instead.

idreamidrive

I did the same thing in getting the oem from jnztuning. Then found those after doing a through search here, but our search function isn't the greatest

ApexHunter

Quoting idreamidrive:

What is the problem? Bracket?

Drew84

The universal 22 mm bushings are too thick to fit in the OEM bracket. I tried some energy suspension ones and found the same problem. I discovered the originals were junk when I did my steering rack last spring.

VR6Eater

I ordered a set from the post above. 4-6 weeks until arrival. I'll let you guys know if they are the same as the Whiteline when I get them.

idreamidrive

Quoting ApexHunter:
Quoting idreamidrive:

What is the problem? Bracket?

too thick and not wide enough to fit in the bracket.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts