The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Suspension Problems

So I have finally got number 7 on the ground after about 7 years. So I put evo 9 struts with Tien springs on it. My problem is the driver side front is sitting lower than the passenger side front. I have double checked everything and I cant think of what is causing this. If anyone has ideas or suggestions let me hear them Thanks

toybreaker

iconoclast
Did you position the control, arms ~aproximately~ at ride height when you tightened them?

If they were dangling at different positions when you tightened them, you could be winding up the pivot bushings. If that's the case, the torsion on one side may be more than the other, leading to a ride heoght difference.

Now that it's on the ground, loosen the attachment hardware, jounce the car a few times, and then torque to spec.

iLLeffeKt vr-4

Are the springs cut?

Its about an inch off. The springs are not cut. And I'll try what toybreaker said later today see if that gives me anything. Thanks guys

curtis

As longs as the top perches are aligned the same the car should be level. I'll back toybreaker on this probably just have the bushings twisted up

Armitage

It's well known that the VR-4's front driver's side always sits lower than the front passenger's side with stock suspension. I am not surprised the same thing is manifesting itself with Evo suspension. I don't know what causes the issue. Weight distribution in the front is biased towards that side but not enough to yield a full inch of spring compression.

well the bushings aren't binded they move fine. Maybe the fender is pushed in a little and making it look lower?

Last edited by a moderator:

CarRacer

Try measuring from the center of the wheel hub to fender and then from the ground to the frame rail. That would help determine if it's body or chassis.

91GSR

also you could have the springs in there kinda weird. i know when i changed out my front springs/shocks it was kinda a bitch to get the springs to sit right on the top perches. just check to make sure your springs are sitting correctly. it may not be that the drivers side is too low..it might be that the passenger side is too high

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts