The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Super VR-4

JDM 1990 Galant Super VR-4

ozlancer1

So I was able to dig up some more info on the car. The build was significantly more in-depth than I had realized. Really found a true gem with this one.

Motor was built, balanced and installed by Naprec in Japan
Evo 2 +1mm oversized pistons
Aftermarket springs
AMG titanium retainers
Mirror finished and weight-matched rods
HKS cams
HKS cam gears
VR4 RS close ratio transmission w/ Ralliart front LSD
Cusco rear diff with 4WS delete
EVO 6 Brembo calipers
R33 GTR slotted rotors
Widebody, hood, front bumper, wing, trunk, intercooler, charge piping, surge tank, catch can and exhaust are all one-offs.
Many parts including most bolts/hardware, suspension components and interior pieces were replaced with brand new during the build
Since the rear doors don't function, handles have been shaved and the rear seat deleted, I was able to register the car as a coupe :)

ozlancer1

Took the car to it's first show this weekend. An event called the Junkfood Meet, which is a combination car show and food truck festival. The car got a ton of attention and I met and talked to so many people about it. Was a great day and I was honored to take home the award for Best JDM!

junkfood1.JPG

junkfood2.JPG

ozlancer1

A few shots from some recent shows/event trips. Unfortunately, didn't get to as many events as I wanted to due to the car being down for a couple months. Timing belt snapped at the beginning of the summer. Luckily, it happened when I was trying to start the car and not when I was driving it. So no internal damage thankfully! Used the opportunity to replace some things (belts, crank sprocket, gaskets, plugs and a few others) and now it's running better than ever! Also just got new tires and will hopefully upgrading the suspension soon as well.

20230827_074406.jpg

IMG_7185_20230611_222019.jpg

Screenshot 2023-09-12 141657.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts