The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Suggested double sided tape

hello I did some digging through the search function for the last couple years.

This morning I tried to open my back door and the paneling on the bottom of the door seems to have come loose. After some pulling I believe the double sided tape holding the panel to the door has gone bad. Was hoping someone would have some advice on what to use to re-secure the panel to the door.

yubh8tn

The FSM states the exact 3M model number of the tape used and I'm certain they still sell that model number or a comparable item. Same stuff is used for rear doglegs if I recall correctly.

thank you for that, i found that with another search. It seems most of the devolve into just another double sided ribbon tape.So I will go ahead and dig deeper

click the FSM for newer searches

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I presume you are talking about the exterior of the door? The door outer trim has some clips too I think. Maybe yours are missing (original poster).

I can tell you that often in older Japanese service manuals the product part numbers for things such as 3M do not match. Different chemical specs for adhesives and VOCs in Japan led to 3M having different products in the two countries. Used to happen all the time when we would request a chemical recommendation from Japan and then have to get 3M US to match that to a US-spec part number.

I would recommend looking at an auto body supply house instead of somewhere like Autozone or Carquest. You will get more industry level performance products there.

For the rear doglegs, some rope butyl can also assist holding those on. A couple clips, tape along the edges, and I think there are maybe two pads areas on the back of the part where the butyl can be added to assist.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts