The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

stroker setups

is there vr4s on here with stroker setups. im just curious i have one and was wondering how many others do also

mine used to have a 700whp 2.3 stroker. but it was stripped and sold. i did manage to save the car though. our new project has a 2.3 stroker in it as well but i cant say what kind of car it is. ask diego....

NateCrisman

Im actually looking at the possibility of running a G4CS shortblock STOCK with the original pistons with a normal 1G turbo head on a 14B/16G drag car. I'm hearing that the stock pistons will make between 11 and 12:1 compression, which is ideal for straight methanol fuel (no gasoline at all...100% meth through injectors).

teamhightower

I used a 4G64 block with 8.5:1 pistons. Mildly ported head with 264 cams. 14B and all stock fuel and air plumbing. In this configuration it makes 200 whp - 210 lb/ft. on 7.5 lbs boost (no boost reg, just hard plumbed) and runs on regular gas. No ping until you heat saturate the stupid stock intercooler.

No, the car won't stay using the stock turbo and plumbing. I'll be upgrading that soon enough, but want to get the suspension and brakes worked out first. My point in responding is to point out that the 4G64 block and crank with new rods and pistons is an alternative to the stroked 4G63.

thecman02

I'm running a 2.3 stroker setup. I haven't gotten any numbers out of it yet but it seems like it is going to be an absolute monster.

GVR-4

I'm in the process of building mine. I've got a crank from Hyundai G64B and a 4g63 block. I've got 2.3 Wiseco .020 over stroker pistons coming next week and when they get here I will measure them and then have the cylinders bored for the appropriate piston-to-wall clearance. I will be keeping the stock 1g big rods and the 2.0 balance shafts. For now I have a big 16g ported by FP, but eventually will upgrade to something big enough for 400whp. I'll set the rev limiter at 7200.

props to you darkside on 700whp thats what im shooting for off the bottle, and team high tower i know about running the 4g64 bottom end i did that back in 2000 in a 1st gen gst when my bottom end went out and my local mitsu mechanic who was a big time in the scene did it for me but it was all stock. Nate running high compression on a boosted car is becoming very common now and pretty cool being that on the same turbo setup (16g) a 8.5:1 motor can make 350 and the 11:1 can make say 425 but is risky if not done right but worth it. A buddy of mine is running 11.5:1 a gt35r e85 and is making in the mid 500whp on 20psi

grocery_getter

The stock 4G64 pistons have a much thinner top ring land compared to the turbo 4G63 pistons.

hey darksideauto i just watched your dyno vid and was wondering what turbo were you running, amount of boost, peak rpm and injector size being that you were running e85, ive thought of running it myself but the nearest station to me that sales it is just over an hour away and didnt think it would be worth it for me

I got a 4g64 Block on a 4g46 head, 2.4 stoker, this engine setup is sooo torquey..

raptorWagon

Quoting Sw4n3e:
I got a 4g64 Block on a 4g63 head, 2.4 stoker, this engine setup is sooo torquey..

Not really stroker if you already have a 2.4l block to start with. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Struc

I've got a stroker in 56/1000, sporting Wiseco 8.8:1 pistons.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts