The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Stripped turbo mounting holes

James

The guy I'm buying the 16g from informed me that three of the four holes stripped out when he took it off his car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

Do they need to be retapped or does a nut/bolt/washer deal work

jnava

Staff member
Told you that sh*t was common. Try to run a tap in it to see if it can straighten out the threads, if not, hellacoil. What kind of exhaust manifold do you have installed?

James

I'm still on stock 1g manifold. I don't know what manifold he's on.

I'm going to just have to put the 16g up on a shelf and put my 14b back on for my vacation. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif there's no way ill have time to screw around with all that and get it all installed before its time to roll out.

transparentdsm

you can use the bolt, lock washer, nut combo. make sure its hardened steel and torque it to 20-25 lbs and bring the tools to tighten it while on the trip because after 500 miles the bolt, lock washer, nut combo is going to heat up expand and loosen up. retighten and retorque them all and you should be good the rest of the trip after that.

James

That's good news!

James

He ended up trying to thread the stud back in to fix the threads and broke the stud off inside /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

So I'm not buying it. There's another one for sale on here I'm hoping to pick up.

mikus

^ but give them both ends to keep them honest. It's not all that difficult to warp the hotside enough where the two parts don't mate right, if they use heat instead of drilling.

sexual innuendo thread here I come

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts