The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Stripped threads on trans mount.

92GVR4num65

Ok so Im starting an engine build and sourced a 90 6 bolt out of a DSM. anywho long story short i will just be using the short block to build and then be adding the head, sensors, everything else out of #65. So i went to mount it on the stand and, assuming we all know what four bolt holes are used to mount the block to the stand, I was able to bolt up the bottom two bolts with no problem using spacers and 100mm bolts which i matched up at home depot using the trans bolts. I tried using the same bolts on the top two and they both were/are stripped. Not sure if they were like this from someone previously pulling the trans and stripping them when they bolted it back on or what. Anyway i was wondering if i had enough clearance to drill and rethread the holes a tad larger? Or do i need to source another block? Thanks in advance.

prove_it

A little spendy, but this things are awesome thread repair tools.

Time Sert

I've used these to repair head bolt threads on stock engines without any failures or issues.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned