The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

STOLEN

sy1100

So 927 was Stolen yesterday from in front of my house. My wife saw it when she left to go shopping, and when I came out an hour later it was gone. I'm so pissed and disappointed, on the bright side I did not have single after market part on the car, as those pieces are still in storage with the plan of going on around February. Now just a wait and see if they find it or its gone forever..

donniekak

Quoting sy1100:
So 927 was Stolen yesterday from in front of my house. My wife saw it when she left to go shopping, and when I came out an hour later it was gone. I'm so pissed and disappointed, on the bright side I did not have single after market part on the car, as those pieces are still in storage with the plan of going on around February. Now just a wait and see if they find it or its gone forever..

There is a guy in Vegas that parts out Dsms and galants. It would be worth contacting him to see if anyone approaches him.

GSXftw

Oh man... I wouldnt think this would be a problem with these cars... Its not like its a fuckin honda civic and they just blend in... So sorry to hear, I hope the worthless fucks get whats coming to them and you get your baby back

pot

Staff member
Post some recent pictures of your galant and any identifiable information such as wheels, vanity plate, tinted windows, exhaust, roof rack, stickers, etc. The more information you can provide board members the easier it may be to identify. How long have you owned your vehicle and who did your purchase it from? Is is automotive theft common in your neighborhood? Have you contacted law enforcement?

File a report, keep an eye on Facebook, Craigslist, and so forth. G/L brother

GSXftw

Very good points ^
Its not like part outs go unnoticed with these... It'll turn up someday Im sure... The sooner the better tho

Coltsfan

Seems like it would have to turn up soon. I can`t see there being a huge market for stolen parts from such rare turds.

bobdole

I hate seeing this. Post pictures. We can all keep an eye for her.

gvr4ever

I'd call up tow truck companies to make sure it wasn't illegally towed. The only benefit to steel a Galant VR4 would be to strip the parts for personal use. The VIN and body would be too hard to deal with.

sy1100

Thanks for the support guys! The car turned up at the tow yard, it seems my Hoa thought it was abandoned. Why? I dont know i drive it everyday..

minneSNOWta

Good to hear it's safe.

Jesus_Negros

Quoting sy1100:
Thanks for the support guys! The car turned up at the tow yard, it seems my Hoa thought it was abandoned. Why? I dont know i drive it everyday..

HOA's and turds don't mix.

Jesus_Negros

Also, who is picking up that tow tab?

Last edited by a moderator:

turbohf

f*** the HOA... good to hear its safe. hope they put it on a flat bed.

sy1100

So I have owned a AWD vehicle for 20+ years now, and it is still amazing that company's don't train drivers to look to see if a car/truck is AWD. No they did not use a flatbed or wheelies to tow the car. The whole front diff and tires lock up and sequel when i try to turn the car , basically it feels like the front brakes on the car are always on. So pissed right now with the whole situation. Now to fill out a complaint with the tow company, which they will tell me they did everything right, then I have to go get my lawyer to then sue. Such BS!

gvr4ever

Your Ins co should help out, if they are worth anything... I'd be calling a lawyer to sue the HOA. Get out of those fee's or make them pay you. If your car is/was running, and it was towed, then you might actually want to call the police and see if you can file a stolen car report. Sure, you got it back, but if it was illegally towed, then it was stolen. At least see if you can get a police report/case number to get things rolling.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts