The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

stolen 91 white vr4 in ny

tektic

My friends rally car was stolen in centereach new York last night. It was towed from his drive way. It's a white 91 vr4 with metal plates for lights sticking out of the front bumper. 6 pair of Hellas were also stolen. The rear triangle window was broken. Let me know if someone is selling parts. Thanks

Last edited:

jnava

Staff member
Luckily, there are only so many available and only so many people can use the exterior and interior. The problem is the engine, trans and other good can be used in the dsm community. Good luck and post pics if any.

bobdole

Hate seeing this. Hopefully it will be found.

EMX5636

I'll keep an eye out as well. Any pics of the car or aftermarket/custom parts list we should look for?

ade

man that sucks, i thought LI was a safe place for a gvr4. give the local junkyards a heads up. ill keep my ear out and eye open. hope it gets found.

VR4_1752

I'll let you know if I hear anything, some pics and list of parts would be helpful. Hope it's found In one piece.

tektic

Thanks guys.
This is an older guy I know so he doesn't know how to post or have many pictures. I asked him for some, ill post it when he gets it to me.

It had stock white rims and there was some damage in the rear. I don't know if it was the trunk lid or bumper but.

That's a good call on yards. I bet Someone tried to junk it on him.

curtis

call up all the scrap yards within 200 miles most require a title but some don't. Most want risk a lawsuit or having the police sniffing around for crushing a stolen car so if you call them they will be watching. Only problem alot of people will cut it up into small chunks and toss it in another clunker to crush.

Gizmovr4

I just read this .... and damn!! I have been trying to buy this car for over a year now! I have a friend that lives next door to where this car was parked. The owner does not live at the house and I left notes for him to contact me- with no reply. I personaly have never seen the car - I do however have one picture of it that my friend took about a year ago to confirm it was a vr4. This car was sitting for many,many years- during storm Sandy - a tree fell on the roof, trunk and rear bumper. Every week or so I ask if the car is still there - last friday he texted me at 5PM telling me the car was gone!! so your timeframe is off the car was still in the driveway thursday night and gone Friday at 5PM. My friend also says that the church accross the way from where the car was parked has cameras- I would ask them ! I will try to upload the pictures I have - if you need to contact me please PM

Last edited:

Gizmovr4

Quoting curtis:
call up all the scrap yards within 200 miles most require a title but some don't. Most want risk a lawsuit or having the police sniffing around for crushing a stolen car so if you call them they will be watching. Only problem alot of people will cut it up into small chunks and toss it in another clunker to crush.

If I had to guess- Curtis is correct - the car was parked in front of an abandoned house that was boarded up - The car itself looked abandoned for years. Likely someone took it for scrap value. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

tektic

That's the car. He tells me now that there was a Shelby cobra stolen at the same time. The galant was blocking it.

Gizmovr4

The cobra must have been in the garage then? wonder if they just took the galant because it was a blocker and needed to be moved anyway... Bet the galant is now abandoned somewhere else!?! or like said earlier junked.

GSX_TC

poor VR4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned