The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Stock sized rotors - ebay options - any feedback?

bazeng

Hi Guys,

I'm looking to go back to 15" rims on my AMG for the stock look and also comfort.

I've sold my big brake setup and now need to go to stock brakes.

I still want some decent stopping power so I'll be getting slotted rotors and performance pads.

Any opinions or feedback for the ebay stuff?

I can get local DBA stuff (Australian made). Approx $168.00 each side. $300.00 for the pair. Slotted.

Ebay is much cheaper though. But unsure of quality. Don't want any crap stuff.

Advice appreciated.

click

citymunky

I say stick with the names you know; Stoptech, Brembo, Powerslot, EBC, Centric, Raybestos.

Tre3zy

ive seen those ebay made rotors crack under hard braking...

Vr4junkie

If you do go with the Ebay rotors let us know how it holds up if they hold up good ill be interested in a pair.

IncorpoRatedX

ebay rotors have worked fine for me on daily drivers, i've yet to try them on a car intended for abuse. so, if you're not hard on your brakes and drive like a normal person, then go for it.

JamesFoster

Same here. I've used cheap rotors on daily stuff, but never anything that saw heavy use.

89Mirageman

I just picked up a pair of gold cad plated slotted GVR4 rotors for my Summit wagon since I'm in the process of swapping in the twin piston calipers. Pretty sure they are Centric brand that were slotted and plated. They look really nice but I haven't installed them yet. They were $76 shipped for the pair which honestly wasn't much more than plain rotors so that's why I got them. I've read too many stories of the drilled ones failing so that's why I went with the slotted only.

Vr4junkie

Any body here have any pics of these drilled/slotted rotor on our cars.

boostin4door

These will work fine for a Street car..I've ran these for 3 years with no issues. No rust/Zinc coating is nice up here in Chicago. Again, a street car with 'normal' use w/occasional stop light & highway fun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Prob will warp w/track use though

click

89Mirageman

If you do decide to order some. Make sure they list the correct ones for the front. I've seen a lot of listings on ebay that include the GVR4 with the standard Galants. The place I ordered mine from included the spec sheet that showed they were 10.86" or 276mm on the front.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned