The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Stock leather seat height adjustment, how does it work?

Astro2015

Hey all, dumb question, but how do I adjust my seat up and down (mainly down)?

The previous owner said the front lever is the adjustment for height. I tried to move it up and down like pumping it like a modern height adjustment, and tried pulling the spring part forward and moving it up and down, but it didn't seem to do anything.

gvr4ever

The lever is on the side by the door, not the front. The front bar is for moving the whole seat.

Astro2015

Lol, glad I'm not alone at least. Yes, I meant the frontmost lever on the side of the seat, not on the door.

IMG_20220315_145052.jpg

JNR

Yeah, it raises the seat but more so the rear part...the lever will go up 90° CW which is its maximum, or it can go anywhere in between and the handle will remain in whatever position you do it. Find it easier to pull it out first (toward the front), then rotate the lever. Probably easiest and most effective with no weight on the seat. Mine you can rotate it up without pulling out the handle, but to lower it seems this is a necessary step.

PS - the "flat" position like that pic above is the lowest it will go.

Astro2015

Weird, thanks! I also saw this video and it looks like the same mechanism
it helped me understand better.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts