The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Stock color for silver JDM wheels. Grace SIlver?

kumfasa

A long shot but I have a JDM Evo 0 and it came with silver alloy wheels. I just got new centre caps of various colors (Thanks Citymunky) and I would like to paint them to match the wheels without having to paint the wheels.

Anyone know the correct color to match them.

Fuel?

fuel

I had the paint code of mine written down somewhere but I have lost it I think. I had a set of 9 of which I picked the best 4 to put on my car and each one seemed to be a different shade of silver as they had aged. I resprayed all the rims and caps at the same time. I think you'll have to get the caps matched to whatever shade of silver your rims have ended up. Either that or just spray the whole lot.

kumfasa

Thanks Phil,
My research says Grace Silver or H84.
But I suspected that even if I did get the correct code it might be a bit off due to time and wear. But it was worth a try if I could just buy a spray can off the shelf.
There is a crowd here that reckon they can colour match anything and put it in an aerosol can! Maybe Ill give them a go. They are a bit pricey @ $40NZD per aerosol but probably worth it not to have to paint the rims as they are in mint condition.

fuel

Yeah I think I paid about $20-30 per can (bought two cans) to do the four rims and eight caps.

89Mirageman

If you do end up painting the wheels and caps I'd just use some duplicolor wheel paint in the aerosol can. Cheap and durable and it comes in a nice metallic silver. Much cheaper than color matching.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts