The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Stock clutch disc and ACT 2600 PP

I remember reading on here awhile ago about someone using a stock clutch disc and ACT 2600, but can't find the thread. I'm hoping to hear from someone with experience with this combo.

I currently have a 2600 and a Clutchnet yellow street disc. It grabs really well, but the hub is stiffly sprung and the decel noise is starting to bother me. I have a stock clutch disc on hand and was wondering how well they hold up with the 2600 and the occasional 5000 RPM launch at the track. My car is a daily driver, but will see a handful of track days this year.

ive used act2600 PP's with OEM 2g clutch disc's for years with great results. My buddy went 11.6 with one of my old 2600 PP's and a brand new 2g disc. That was after 10k miles of daily driving with a good amount of abuse; hes actually still driving the car today.
My current set up is a 2600 PP with oem 2g disc as well. Great for DD I put over 15k miles on it in the past 2yrs and went 12.6 with over 15 5500rpm launches /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Exactly what I want to know.

Is there any difference between a 2g disc and a 1g disc?

i doubt 1g or 2g disc's are different. I bought my 2g disc b/c it was cheaper than a 1g disc. My buddy uses a 2g disc becuase he drives a 2g...

Maybe someone else would be able to define differences between the two?

Jason G.

IIRC, the stock discs are slightly thicker than the ACT disc and some people were having disengagement issues.

That said, I used a stock 2g disc in a ACT 2600 pp for a couple years in my old Galant with a good amount of track passes without any issues.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts