The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Stock alarm system going off

My roommates informed me that the alarm on 708 started going off every hour, then half hour, all the way down to every 3 minutes or so last night while I was out on the town. To be honest, I didn't even know the thing had an alarm! So I'm glad to know the alarm works, but I'm sad to find that it works too well haha. Anybody have any info on where the controller/brain is located for the stock alarm system or what could possibly be causing my car to have such a fit? Thanks,
-Brian

Perkul8r

Look in the How to section. There was a write up about this. First thing people check is the pin switch under the hood. I just unhooked mine. And than go from there. I heard that one is common for giving issues. THere are a few sensors on the car. Hood, doors, and trunk. In the write up i believe they say how to disable certain ones and how to just get rid of the system. I am just gonna go aftermarket with one from work, so I am gonna disable the factory system.

click
This one is about how to disable it, but gives some good tips on what to look for thats setting it off.

Last edited:

Thanks man, I haven't quite figured out how the +/- thing works in the search yet. That's exactly what I needed...I hope /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Well I found the yellow/blue wire and cut it, but now my car seems a little ticked off. When I go to unlock the car with the key the lock will pop up and then back down right away. I can hold the key in the unlock position and my galant will accept that I'm its boss, but I don't like the fact that it wants to automatically lock itself all the time. Help?

Not sure, my passenger side is sorta tricky to get to work. The problem has since stopped. I'm not sure if the problem is fixed or if my gvr4 just accepted that she's my bi*ch for the time being lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts