The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

still hard to steer after PS and reservior swap.

Boostdtalon

ok when i bought 192 the previous owner had the belt off the PS saying that the pump was bad. Well i bought a refurb and swapped the reservior from a Eclipse GSX. i've read thru a few of the aws removal guides and what not to see if i could find an answer. well the car is still somewhat hard to steer at certain points. i've tried to burp the ps lines to make sure there wasn't any air in the lines. Is there something i've missed or did wrong? if theres a thread about it point me too it. i tried searching and didn't exactly find a answer. also it seems the AWS light is intermittent.

prove_it

You could have a rack issue, or a loose belt. try jacking the front end up and see if the steering is still hard at the same points, if it is you have a rack issue. If not, then you have a bent or kinked P/S line.

grocery_getter

AWS light turning on usually means low PS fluid.

Boostdtalon

Quoting prove_it:
You could have a rack issue, or a loose belt. try jacking the front end up and see if the steering is still hard at the same points, if it is you have a rack issue. If not, then you have a bent or kinked P/S line.

ok i'll check that out. i hope its not the rack, but if it is i have that gsx parts car so...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts