The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

stiffer engine mounts, all or nothing?

tektic

Engin should be going in this week, and I have turned my focus to the shell for the first time in a while. I have slowly been eliminating non e39a mounts and bars and brackets in the bay. At current time my rear roll stop bracket is still stock, the front roll and trans mount is filled with window weld and the driver side mount is an es urethane insert. The engine is stroked and has no balance shaft.

Is it naive to think one stock mount will noticeably lessen vibrations?
I like the ww treatment as it is not as stiff as the es parts, but the rear roll stop is not perforated and there for not conducive to being filled. I have the es insert for this mount.

Wwyd?

Also do I need to press the stock bushing out of the bracket or can I just drill it out?

andrew4g63

I personally do not run the rear energy suspension engine mount bushing on any on my galants. When I had them installed it vibrates the dashboard and inside car like you would not believe. I have all 3 other mounts with ES bushings installed with no interior vibrations. I just run an OE bushingount on the rear roll stop.

vr4hotness

avid racing billet motor mounts 62a duro is what I'm running and wow, car shakes like a race car, I got a great deal on them so that why I got them, my stock mounts where done

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts