The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

starting issue

I think it might be my starter but i would love to have some input. Most of the time I have to turn the switch on and off a bunch of times for it to turn over.

Thanks in advance

twonineseven

Could be your starter could be your battery. Check you connections on your terminals. I had a problem like this on my 2g and thought it was the starter but upon further investigation it my my terminals on my battery relocation.

I'm not hearing any clicking. Could it be a bad ground from the battery? The battery was relocated b4 I got the car so I'm not sure if it was done correctly.

twonineseven

Go look at the ground for the battery and check the connections. I had to torque down my one terminal and my 2g started right up.

the ground on the battery looks good. but there is a bunch of rust where he mounted the ground to the car.

Have you tried unplugging the lower clutchswitch, to make sure the starter interface relay isn't the problem?

alansupra94

I have the same problem. For me it looks like it is a grounding issue. One thing I know is it is not starter related. The previous owner replaced the starter with 3 of them and had the same issue. He cleaned off the ground wire and it went away but then came back. Personally these cars are grounded like crap.

I decided to run multiple ground wires and I will let you know if it fixes it.

where would that clutch swith be located.

I'm gonna try to clean the ground up today.

thanks for the input guys. I cleaned the ground this morning and the car has started perfectly evertime since.

Thanks again:
TJ

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned