The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Starion frontmount

The_Big_Weave

What would the power levels be of a starion front mount. Could a run a 20g on it with no problem?

fuel

same as stock JDM front mount I would say - the core sizes are more or less the same and the piping diameter is the same, just the Starion has both inlet/out on the same plane while JDM flows from one corner to the other.

turbowop

The Starion core doesn't have internal fins to wick away the heat. The JDM core does.

That said, I ran 12.7's on one back in the day with a small 16g.

steve

I wasn't so impressed with the Starion when I had one on my car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

The_Big_Weave

I have been running stock since I got he car 3 years ago. I was just hoping to run a little more boost with a little less knock.

Wizardawd

Evo 8 or ebay core will take the same work to install, cost about the same and work much better. Get the ETS kit for a perfect fit and best performance. Imo, the starquest core is worth more dangling from your neck on a chain than on the car. Maybe get a few and use as tree ornaments.

Wiz

Last edited:

steve

Quoting The_Big_Weave:
I have been running stock since I got he car 3 years ago. I was just hoping to run a little more boost with a little less knock.

That was my line of thinking, and I really didn't notice too much difference. Not as much as I was hoping for at least.

Quoting Wizardawd:
Evo 8 or ebay core will take the same work to install, cost about the same and work much better.Quote:

x2

As cheap as the eBay cores are now, it doesn't make sense to put the same or more work into installing the Starion intercooler for poorer performance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned