The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Squeeling belt?

MitchooO

So I've driven my car for years, had it apart for 1 1/2. Put it all back together with no power steering, No A/C, All I have is the waterpump and alternator. for some reason if I have any power load at all on the alternator the belt will squeel If I dont keep the RPMS above 2k. if it does start it will not stop untill I turn everything off.. I have an aluminum crank pulley, I've tried to tighten the belt several times, It's tight. My battery is in the back with the correct cable running to the original power block, big grounds from the frame to block and frame to battery.. Has anyone else ran into the problem? maybe I have the wrong alternator? maybe its the junk crank pulley. I have a brand new interstate battery in it also.

14u2nV

Put a new belt on, maybe it's just old and lost it's stretch. Or maybe you have it TOO tight.

Last edited:

holeshotmoe

++ on the new belt...or you need to tighten it. If it's squeeling, then it's definitely slipping. I was surprised at how tight it needed to be.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned