The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

sputtering, boost spike no power

whats up everyone ne wto the boards but not new to a dsm. heres my problem 91 vr4 picked up a couple of weeks drives perfect under light and partial throttle. under full boost she sputters( not bucking or heavy hesitation). also she has no boost controller and she is at 10 psi around 4k and then jumps up to around 15-18 psi. she idles fine no check engine light, but if u rev her up to about 6k or higher the CEL flashes and thats the only time i see it come on.
mods safc 2, walbro 255, 2g mas unknown intercooler and old hks bov 16g turbo,
i have put in new plugs, wires i had a hole in intake pipe and i have replaced that.i was told it coold be a fuel issue so i added some fuel thru the safc but nothing worked. there is times that i can punch 1st gear and she wont sputter. but always in 2-3-4
any help would be appreciated /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Sputtering is usually caused by being too rich under boost. I *assume* the plugs are gapped around .028?
What injectors? How much are you adding on the AFC HIGH settings on the higher rpm's? Do you have a logger to watch knock? Stock chip?

Stock injectors I'm assuming its a stock ecu no chip, yes plugs are gapped to .28. I have not recorded the knock only cause I assumed it needed a basic tune up. Ill try leaning it out sum and see what happens. But anymore advice would help thanx

Found the problem. The magnacore wires I bought off a friend was arcing from a small pin hole on cylinder 3. I bought some napa wires and cleared up everything

number3

Magnacores will do that everytime. NGK blues work best.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts