The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Spotted!! White VR4 in So Cal

ApexHunter

I was traveling eastbound on Alicia Parkway through Mission Viejo heading into Rancho Santa Margarita today around 2:30 when, bless my soul, A GALANT VR4!!!ZOMG!!! Summit white, roof rack, traveling in the opposite direction. Maybe you spotted the guy in the black miata gaping like a fish and gesturing in disbelief...

This led me to the always enjoyable trip down memory lane thinking of the few times over the years i've spotted these rare beasts out in the wild. Ok..let's see here. 5 times total since 03. So, one in 2003, K-Grey down in Carlsbad. Next one was in Dec. 2006, Nile Black, San Juan Capistrano right off 74/Ortega Hwy. Next was Summit White up in Huntington Beach, G-car was headed West on Warner Ave. Then a few months ago on a Saturday night, when i was actually driving my VR4, i spotted a bone stock, NB 1991 on 5 South right between Lake Forest and El Toro. I was beside myself and dude driving either didn't notice the 1991 NB right next to him, or didn't care. Whatever, i was psyched! And then finally today. The infrequency with which i see these cars reinforces one of the things i love about these cars.

GSX_TC

You forget about the first time you saw mine or Zaks car in Socal already David? Haha

Yeah I wonder if you saw old man tau's or one if his friends VR4's? He has 2 other Buddys with white VR4's, one is a 91 abd the other is a 92. I have pics if that'll help?

Last edited:

Redwood

Quoting ApexHunter:
I was traveling eastbound on Alicia Parkway through Mission Viejo heading into Rancho Santa Margarita today around 2:30 when, bless my soul, A GALANT VR4!!!ZOMG!!! Summit white, roof rack, traveling in the opposite direction. Maybe you spotted the guy in the black miata gaping like a fish and gesturing in disbelief...

This led me to the always enjoyable trip down memory lane thinking of the few times over the years i've spotted these rare beasts out in the wild. Ok..let's see here. 5 times total since 03. So, one in 2003, K-Grey down in Carlsbad. Next one was in Dec. 2006, Nile Black, San Juan Capistrano right off 74/Ortega Hwy. Next was Summit White up in Huntington Beach, G-car was headed West on Warner Ave. Then a few months ago on a Saturday night, when i was actually driving my VR4, i spotted a bone stock, NB 1991 on 5 South right between Lake Forest and El Toro. I was beside myself and dude driving either didn't notice the 1991 NB right next to him, or didn't care. Whatever, i was psyched! And then finally today. The infrequency with which i see these cars reinforces one of the things i love about these cars.

i love how you no everywere you have seen these cars out in the world. i have only ever seen them at car shows or racing events.

ApexHunter

I hardly ever see 6th gen galants around here, period. I get a little stoked when i see one of those, even if it's a pile.

Mike- yeah, maybe one of his friends...i've never seen one out there and i commute through there daily during the week. White, roof racks, fairly stock looking. I think the roof rack was silver.

I actually remembered one other time i spotted one randomly, so the total is actually six. I was in San Diego checking out a bike for sale. On my way back, i stopped for gas and low and behold, there was one at the gas station. BG, 24/1k. Guy was leaving as i pulled in so i decided the gas could wait and gave chase. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif Dude stopped a few miles later at a Lowe's or something. I actually posted a thread about that find. He was an old guy, not on the board or anything, it was cool.

"I pulled up at a gas staion, and BG GVR4 was leaving. I followed it for a while, eventually it turned off into a parking lot a ways up the road. I started talking with the owner. Turns out, Carl, bought the car new in Louisiana. It is mechanically stock with the exception of a K&N filter. Car has ~180k on it, and he says it has been dead reliable. He is on the original alternator . The only things wrong are the moonroof tilt feature is not working on the driver's side, and it burns a little after idling which we both agreed were most likely valve stem seals. The car has been driven back and forth from socal to Louisiana about 5 or 6 times without issue."

ktmrider

Dead Reliable. Original Alternator. Road Trips. Me not the only satisfied customer LOL.

On the OP we suddenly have 6 GVR4's in the ABQ area. Two are DD, three are JSB, not sure on the other.

ApexHunter

And, the guy had been using it as a tow vehicle. Small trailer for his motorcycles, but would often tow both a Busa and a big Sport Tourer.

5OF2k

We seem to have a TON here in Colorado. Every once in a while i'll see one out on the road, but mostly i see them parked. I want to say there are 3-4 of us Springs guys on here, and i know of at least 3 other owners that arent on the org(forums arent for everyone)that are road worthy, and everytime i go to Jack's im blind-soded by the fact that there are at a minimum 5 sitting at his shop waiting for trans rebuilds or engine rebuilds or so-on. Matter of fact, Jack JUST sold his first and last GVR4 a few weeks back, and i believe his brother Kevin still has at least one of the three he had...?

Its nice having people local that are into the same things as you, and i definitely love how the GVR4 community is so close knit.

Now then, bring it in for some man-on-man e-hugs! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

-Jake

JCorbo25

I spotted a White 91' Galant VR4 up in Sacramento twice now. Both times I was driving my Galant VR4. At least someone else up here DDs their Galant VR4.

Other than that, I've only seen 2 others in the wild. One on 80 in Berkeley driven by some older lady (about two years ago) and another in Pleasant Hill who kept up pretty well with my stock Evo8. When shopping for a GVR4, I test drove one in santa rosa, looked over one in crocket, and, way back when I was a DSMer, got to sit in a GVR4 in Pittsburg, CA.

There were 7-9 GVR4s at MOD in LA and I hope to see them again this year! I'll be a bit more prepared this year.

JNR

ah, Rancho Santa Margarita; haven't been down there since 2006 when we have the super GTO meet where ~110 got together at the magnaflow place.

Haven't seen a VR-4 on the road, or any galant of that gen, in ages now.

I do see my white one in the driveway everyday, lol...sucks I saw a CLEAN '71 chevelle on a flatbed yesterday and it was so nice, it gave me inspiration to get back on mine; crappy part is it means that much longer til I get interest in finishing the galant, lol.

ApexHunter

My buddy has spotted a couple lately. Kind of odd as he's only known about the car for a few months and has already seen 1/3rd of what i've seen in 10 years. Yesterday a 92 NB and then also saw a RHD one up in HB a while back.

GSX_TC

was it any of these cars?

IMG_3746.jpg

IMG_3738.jpg

ApexHunter

I don't think so. It was very stock looking. I believe it had stock corner lamps and white or silver wheels, and was at stock ride height.

oldman_tau

If im not mistaken, its white with bbs rs copy silver mesh rims stock height? If yes, he is my buddy. He lives in irvine before he moved to vegas.

Last edited:

GSX_TC

Quoting ApexHunter:
My buddy has spotted a couple lately. Kind of odd as he's only known about the car for a few months and has already seen 1/3rd of what i've seen in 10 years. Yesterday a 92 NB and then also saw a RHD one up in HB a while back.

just saw this, lucky ass mofo. i would love to have a RHD one... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Steve885

I've liked these cars since I was in high school. (Class of 92 ) one of my friends got one as a grad present In 92, since his I've seen three on the road.1 blew by me on the freeway back in 2000 I was in my work truck and couldn't catch up, and it had a for sale sign on it i was so bummed. The next one was about 5 years ago..a young guy was driving It.i talked to him at the light he had just bought it for 5000..I jokingly offered to trade my evo for it..he still said no thinking I was serious.. And the last one I saw is the one I just bought.. Finally at 38 I got the car my wife thinks looks like a Nissan sentra..

JCorbo25

Congrats on the pickup Steve!

We should do a Bay Area Galant VR4 meetup.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts