The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

spotted a 89' Galant in a junk yard

Boostdtalon

This car is a complete 89' the seat belts were trashed but if anyone wants the taillights, underdash, or grill pm me or call me. These were all in good condition. The interior was blue BTW.

stealthtt24

Just be warned, set up a buyer first for those 89 tails. I was told to grab them as people said they were interested in them. Got them and everyone back out and I was stuck with them for almost a year till I finally put them on my new galant.

Last edited:

GSX_TC

can u grab me one of the a/c knobs off it?

Boostdtalon

I will make a list of all the parts everyone wants. I will than only go back to get these parts once I get a price from the owners. Thanks to the mod/admin that moved this. I wasn't sure where it should be posted as it's not a FS ad yet.

GSX_TC

ok no problem, heres my lil list if it has it. 1. A/C knob, 2.Valve cover that says Mitsubishi On it with the 3 Diamonds, 3. rear speaker covers near the rear windshield. and the Auto Door Lock relay under the dash (7 prong one)

Boostdtalon

The Galant is a 1.8L. I'm almost tempted to ask and see how much I can get the 2.4L from a 7th gen that was sitting there.

maroonmetallic

I bet it was actually a 2.0L sohc not a 1.8L. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

fuel

did the US not get the 1.8 4G37 powered ones? I would assume they did as the 1G T/E/L came 4G37 powered?

maroonmetallic

I have never seen a 1.8L Galant over here. The 2.0 they used had the same valve cover. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

fuel

a 4G37 can't possibly share the same 2.0 4G63 SOHC valve cover - they are a different size and shape for starters. They do have a very similar appearance on the top surface however.

maroonmetallic

Ill take your word for it. They looked similar & I assumed they were the same.
I figured if the 4G6x valve cover was able to be swapped, those probably were too.

Like they say, you learn something new everyday.
Maybe because I have half-heimers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts