The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Splurged on a DSS driveshaft

onesickcrx

^ damn that sucks... I wish I had read that I would have messured it when I got it months ago lol

cheekychimp

Yeah stupid thing (as you probably know now) is that it is off by something stupid like an eighth. Given that it is a single shaft replacing a twin you would need everything to be dead straight with no kinks in your measure or I doubt you'd pick it up. I guess if you measured on the car you might. I have a feeling the shaft is the right length and it is just a discrepancy in the yoke/adapter whatever you call it that links the DSS shaft with the rear one.

vapid

Fwiw, it took them 3 times to get mine right.

curtis

Man before I shipped it back and forth 3 times I'd move the mount under the car if its only an 1/8 of an inch.

onesickcrx

Quoting vapid:
Fwiw, it took them 3 times to get mine right.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Last edited:

vapid

Quoting curtis:
Man before I shipped it back and forth 3 times I'd move the mount under the car if its only an 1/8 of an inch.

Curtis, I don't know if this was aimed at my post.
But the first shaft they sent was for a 1G (so like, 6in too short), then the second was even shorter, and the ends were completely wrong. I lost faith in them when they started asking ME for the correct measurements, not for confirmation on the shaft length so we both were on the same page, but because they didn't have them.

vapid

I know, Mark. That was the frustrating part. I knew they did it correctly before, but couldn't pull their head out to get it right for me.
They ended up sending me the 3.5" one, even though I ordered a 3", that worked so I just went with it instead of trying to return it again.

trunks

Hey guys - hows the vibration (if any) with these? Happy with the product?

I'm about to take the plunge since I've rebuilt my stock ds and am still getting the annoying grinding sounds under the car. My front carrier looks tweaked a bit so maybe I messed up on the rebuild (messed around with spacers numerous times), but if I can get down to one carrier bearing to worry about I'd be happy. I just want a quiet decel.

Thanks!

onesickcrx

Well my drive shaft came in today, and it fits real good this time so... now my car can move around on its own power /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned