The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

speedometer/odometer issue

3O3EL0VR4

Hey guys, I have been noticing my speedometer all of a sudden dropping out randomly over the last week. What I didn't notice until last night is when this happens the odometer stops counting as well. Now and then it will pop back on but,usually not until the car is turned off and back on. Does anyone know why this is happening? Please help I just barely hit 1600 miles! Thanks

GSX_TC

Check both ends of the cable, it plugs behind the speedo console and the other end screws into the trans from the top. Sounds like symptoms of a failing speedo cable.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts