The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Speed Density setup

So i am finally at the process of starting up my galant..number 1953/2000..

wiseco 8.5:1 piston
eagle h beams
l19 headtuds
felpro multilayer headgasket
stock head beside kiggly beehive valve springs
fp2 cams
bpr7es
stock cam gears
jmf smim
stock throttle body
tial bov
tial 38mm v band external wastegate off of 02 housing
holset hx40 8 blade
.55 A/r bolt on housing
fp manifold
custom fmic setup
scirroco radiator.
3 inch downpipe
fic 1250s
v3
aromtoive fpr and -6an lines to rail and fpr
fuel lab filter
solid motor mounts
tre stage 3 transmission
southbend clutch
evo coilovers

my question is for those who are running a speed density setup..i set this up on my buddies galant but i seem to be having troubles on my own..
i have ecmlinks plug and play harness and have i think a 4 bar omnipower gm STYLE map sensor..i am getting readings from the map sensor but they are off..at one point it read 20 psi..thats without the car started..should this number not be zero? it is on my buddies galant..the reading from the iat seem normal..i havent gotten the car to actually idle nicely for me yet or really run for that matter..figured this was a good place to start..i have tried changing the setting in v3 to different sensors and the aem3.5 bar sensor seem to get it close to 0..but i am 80 percent sure it isnt a aem sensor..any help would be greatly appreciated

swe_gvr4_1991

If link shows 0 psi when you select a different sensor than you think you have, then you should trust link since that is what the ECU sees. If you're stubborn and still set a different sensor then all the work will go down the drain.

Last edited:

prove_it

Pics of MAP sensor please.

And yes, your right, the sensor should read 0psi engine off, and around 12-15in vac at idle. You need to get the MAP sensor figured out. Did you mess with wiring at all? Also, where is the MAP line source?

Pics will help the most.

it literally is a gm style map sensor that doesnt have any numbers on it..just has abc for the pins..i have the line td into my bov..i know i shouldnt have it td into anything but didnt really have an option..can i run the map sensor off say the p port?

Fiascoxl

I would use the pcv port for map, I know this requires ousting the pcv set up but the map NEEDS a big clean source.

swe_gvr4_1991

Never use the P-port since it has inherent lag. Also don't use the blow off valve line.
Use the FPR nipple or PCV. Most users use the FPR port and it has a nice response time.

You can always test for 0 point on your MAP sensor by hooking it up to a 5 volt source and measure the voltage with the nipple fed by free air. That way you can find what sensor you have easily when looking in data sheets etc. The raw ADC value of 0 PSI (gauge) on a 3 bar MAP sensor is 82 at the ECU side. I don't know if link can display raw data. But this is about 1.61 volts.

Last edited:

prove_it

Quoting ChandlerFihn:
it literally is a gm style map sensor that doesnt have any numbers on it..just has abc for the pins..i have the line td into my bov..i know i shouldnt have it td into anything but didnt really have an option..can i run the map sensor off say the p port?

You said in your first post that you THINK you have an omnipower 4 bar sensor. Think and know are two different things. GM map sensors look alike but have different ranges and you might have the wrong one. I'm curious as to why you THINK you have the right one.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts