The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

spark plug cables?

ok so i had to put in a new coil pack, but i forgot to mark were my plug cables plug into the coil pack, my cables are marked 1-4 and i was just wondering if anyone knew what cable plugs into the coilpack

and another question i have is where do i connect this ground cable below? does it connect to the coilpack b/c i remember discnnecting this to tae out the coilpack.

atc250r

Staff member
The numbers are printed on the coils themselves. The noise suppressor just needs to be hooked to ground. IIRC its hooked to the intake from the factory.

jb4

If the numbers aren't visable on the coil pack, the order is 4,1,2,3. In your picture you have the wires laided out the way they plug into the coil.

ok i hooked up cables 4,1,2,3 to the coil pack, gt new NGK bpr7es, re did the tube and spark plugs gaskets, but she still dsent want to start, im really hoping its nt my cam angle sensor /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif bc what else could it b? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

CarRacer

Are you getting fuel? The pump is activated by the CAS.

yes im still geting fuel, i checked that already, im thinking its a sensor, but it just still wont run over, it sunds like it wants too but wont. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned