The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Someone Please Measure the AC Bracket thickness?

desant78

Hello All

I am putting a vr4 together, and need to make a spacer for the driver side CV shaft to mount to the motor. The car does not have the AC bracket, and the only one I own is in my car.

I was wondering if anyone could quickly measure the thickness of this mount where the CV shaft bearing carrier is so I can make one to replace it.

Thanks in advance!

GSTwithPSI

Another solution would be to install the jack shaft bracket with only the one bolt that doesn't need a spacer (pretty sure it's the one closest to the passenger side) and just measure the gap between the bracket and the block where the other bolt goes. I had to do this on 1813 as well. I used a piece of round stock cut to the right thickness, and then drilled a hole in the middle for the bolt.

89Mirageman

Not sure if it's the same part or not but Mitsu sells a spacer for 1g awd dsm's that didn't come with AC. Or hardened washers would work as well using GST's idea above.

desant78

thanks guys, I didn't realize you had to only space out one side of the carrier. I'd rather not use washers, because I have more tube/bar stock lying around that would work. Rather not go out and buy washers when I can turn down an actual spacer for free.

If anyone has one lying around and wants to measure it let me know! Next time I'm at the shop, I'll try and measure it how GST suggested. thanks!

Spyke169

Part # for the spacer is MB297732

Edit: Just reread and realized that may not be helpful if you don't want to spend more money, but for anyone else interested, outside of getting it from the dealer, JNZ sells them as well click

Edit: Ok, ran down to the garage and measured 0.512 inches

Last edited:

desant78

Thanks so much!!!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts