The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

some mitsubishi pr and galant history. 56k stay away!

misterfixit

'88 vol 31, pages relating to the "new" galant.

The HSR was Mitsubishis running development mule for the Galants systems. All around 1987/88!

Here are '88 vol 32s pages.

My personal favorites are the technical drawings and the designers renderings of the galant before it was born.

Here are '89 vol 34s pages

So there is a rundown of the okazaki plant. Anyone wish their shell was this clean?

Here is '89 vol 35s article on the "organic"

Stay tuned as there is more stuff kicking around!

Rich /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

powerplay

Thank you Rich! Great information!
Scott

skivittlerjimb

"The rear suspension is arranged in a double wishbone configuration for comfort. They are completely self-aligning..." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

And here we are wasting time with exotic rear upper arms to give us control of camber. Who knew the dang car was "self-aligning"?

Gotta love Japanese marketingese. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif The English is so good and the BS is so deep that some biz school grad. in the States must have written it! Now if only my GVR4 would mow the lawn, make the kids' lunches, and cover for me at work on powder days, then we'd have something.

Great stuff. Anyone notice the jelly-beanie concept Galant looks a lot like a Lexus ES250 ? I'm glad they went with a more square-shouldered approach. On the technical cutaway silouhette on that same page, the Galant looks profile looks so much better with the originally intended JDM bumper lines. Dang US crash regs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

-Jim B.
1432/2000
166k and self-aligning

Last edited:

Romanova

Our cars are f***ing sick!

dancingbear.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

ehaab

Great stuff...man /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif
keep it comin..maybe u can post the PDF version..so we can all Download it

misterfixit

There's some more hanging around, I'll sort it out and post it soon. Some on the VR-4 and loads else too.

Ehaab. I have no idea where to post the pdf's thats why its all jpegs, then all can see! I have from 1980 thru 2003.

I would really like to see brochures for the galant from elsewhere in the world. When in Manila tha year before last was looking at a galant Super Saloon for my ate. The seller had the brochure but would not part with it. Also the Philippine Galant GTI16v, would love to see the brochure for that! Any NZ brochures, south africa, European (other than uk) And Of course Malaysia.

I have lots of Brochures but with baby it's a case of finding time to scan them!

Rich

ehaab

Hey i would love to see the other brochures that u have..
i have also posted on our local forums.. on g-vrc.com..i have acknowledged ur effort..
they all appreciate it..

misterfixit

here's the next lot!
Issue 37, 1990, for those eclipse fans, and also the good old RAC rally!

here's issue 38, 1990 with the VR-4, mr wolfy, and the guy from finland These are where yours are:

Start with the pair of covers this time!

I hope this Is good for a little while. As I said I have lots and I hope to scan it all at somepoint but it's just a case of getting through it all!

Enjoy!

Rich

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts